PDA

View Full Version : Odd crash, recovery, and not a reboot.

Tekboy
06-08-2019, 12:04 AM
So starting this week, I started getting as problem as noted in the title, and I thought updating my Radeon 5450 drivers would solve it. It only happens when using YouTube. It will start my display over (the screen actually reboots) but not the computer. I recently switched to using a 32 inch HDTV for a monitor, and it is incredible except for this annoyance. It is connected via HDMI.

I have:

1) Updated Radeon Drivers
2) Updated Windows 10 but still have a version in the "18xx" series. This computer uses an A10-6800K processor at 4.1Ghz (Native, not overclocked) and 8GB RAM with an SSD for the OS. The video is 2GB PCIe. I am beginning to think it may actually be the onboard realtek audio that is causing this. When the video resumes, everything works right until it doesn't. I can't even find anything in the logs.

Any ideas? I REALLY do not wish to have to reload this thing.

JaxSon
06-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Does it do the same if you have a VGA monitor hooked up instead of going thru HDMI? Just curious...

3fingersalute
06-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Does it do the same if you have a VGA monitor hooked up instead of going thru HDMI? Just curious...

That's what i was going to ask as well.

Tekboy
06-10-2019, 04:36 PM
It turned out to be the onboard sound driver. Once I updated that driver, the problem went away. Meanwhile, I learned a whole lot about the Radeon Driver.
Now it is like being at the drive-in movie. :)

74AD
06-10-2019, 06:16 PM

That's what i was going to ask as well.

even though he fixed it, I bet this would have solved the issue as well since the sound would have been going through HDMI and the video cards own HD audio interface.

Tekboy
06-12-2019, 04:13 PM
even though he fixed it, I bet this would have solved the issue as well since the sound would have been going through HDMI and the video cards own HD audio interface.

Exactly, but I would have been back to a "puny" 19 inch monitor.

Larommi
06-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Had a similar issue with Display Port and Nvidia. It was after a specific Win10 update where they added some "features" Apparently crashing explorer or whatever it was doing is a feature. Anyhow, drivers took care of the issue. Glad you got it up an running.