Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Class action settlement

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I did that once a while back when I had a Best Buy credit card. Completely forgot about it for a year or so and then a $40 check showed up in the mail. Sweet... beer money!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I got one last year from Skechers for a pair of shoes my wife and I bought for walking. I think it was a $200 check which was cool.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Guess who gets to pay for it when a company has to pay out a huge lawsuit? You guessed it - the consumer. Welcome to business 101.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
    Guess who gets to pay for it when a company has to pay out a huge lawsuit? You guessed it - the consumer. Welcome to business 101.
    Thanks for that correct, yet mostly meaningless observation. Big businesses routinely have to absorb the cost of recalls and lawsuits. Generally, that's about a hiccup on their bottom line. So, what's your take on this issue? If you have performance issues with a product, and the manufacturer isn't responsive to complaints, should we just all get in dog style position and make sure our AstroGlide supply is good?

Essentially, what you are saying is that if any one has a defective POS product, we should just really keep quiet and suck up any deaths, mutilations, or lesser inconveniences, because it might cost some bucks. And, if we don't push back on these issues, just how much money and misery are we saving?
    Last edited by slgrieb; 03-25-2014 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I guess the question in this instance is - what is the 250.00 that was given out exactly for? To get the repair fixed? At some point in time the cost will be passed on...