Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOME - Welcome back everyone !!!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hello everyone.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    How's Aidan doing? I feel like I need updates on everyone's lives.
    (1) I got engaged,
    (2) My son was given a clean bill of health after we discovered the vertebrae in his neck where starting to fuse. He's going to be ok but no contact sports for him (I can live with that) I just hope to never have to hold my little guy down while they sedate him for an MIR ever again. I have never felt more like a bad/evil human in my life

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    How's Aidan doing? I feel like I need updates on everyone's lives.
    Aidan is doing well. Since the forum crashed we went on his make a wish trip to Give Kids The World which included Disney and Universal tickets. We had a great time and Universal really stood out from a customer service standpoint. They made him feel like a complete VIP. We got back from that trip and did his 2nd set of post treatment scans which were clean. He was supposed to have bloodwork done as well, but they were having trouble drawing it and he was on the verge of a panic attack (he's really needle phobic) so they gave him a pass on that until next time.

He's been back in school since the day they started back (which was the day after his port removal surgery) and doing great (straight A's)

He's due for more scans and blood work in March / April. Jamie and I try to put the fear of recurrence out of our minds and enjoy life, but occasionally it creeps back in and of course it gets worse the closer we get to scans.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    (1) I got engaged,
    (2) My son was given a clean bill of health after we discovered the vertebrae in his neck where starting to fuse. He's going to be ok but no contact sports for him (I can live with that) I just hope to never have to hold my little guy down while they sedate him for an MIR ever again. I have never felt more like a bad/evil human in my life
    1) CONGRATS
    2) Man I feel you on that. I've had to hold Aidan down to get IVs / blood drawn too many times to count. He's completely terrified of needles and it always feels like a monumental betrayal. But I actually feel a little better being involved than letting and just watching strangers hold him down, so I always help. I'm glad everything is OK with your boy though!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I've had to hold Aidan down to get IVs / blood drawn too many times to count.
    I'm a huge softy I still get a little misty eyed thinking about it. I'm 37 years old and I nearly cry thinking about it. How you made it through with you boy is nothing short of amazing to me. You have to be one of the strongest people I ever even heard of.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for the invite. It's nice to feel like there's a home online again. :-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    He's been back in school since the day they started back
    That must mean a lot. It makes life so much more normal again. I'm glad to hear things continue to improve.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    (1) I got engaged,
    Good to hear about your son.

I guess I just assumed you were married. Congratulations on being almost married. Do you have a wedding date yet?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Huh? Is this another new person? I guess I now know the secret to getting new blood to this site. Let some hacker destroy the site, leave it down for four months then have it suddenly appear again. Why did we not think of this sooner? It all seems so obvious now.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm glad to see you here! Should we pick up where we left off regarding the Motley Crue vs Cake discussions of 1999/2000/2001ish (or whenever that was).