Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Office 365 thoughts?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I was just looking at this comparison chart. The more I think about it, the more compelling this is becoming.

link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/bu...102918419.aspx

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I was just looking at this comparison chart. The more I think about it, the more compelling this is becoming.

link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/bu...102918419.aspx
    Take a trial then you can try it for yourself and get answers to a lot of your questions?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Take a trial then you can try it for yourself and get answers to a lot of your questions?
    Yeah, but I'm trying to get an idea of other peoples experiences first. For example, if everyone said, "I love it!" Then I'd have to think that there must be something great about it. Or if everyone said, "I hate it because XYZ". Then that would be useful. But from this thread, there doesn't seem to be any clear direction yet. The general vibe seems to be something along the lines of, "Meh, it exists." It's ok though. This isn't a black and white thing that requires an answer. I just was just looking for opinions and thoughts.

I mean, thing is, this is a discussion forum. So we "discuss" stuff. This is a discussion topic. Just something to pass the time and talk about (for those interested).

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, but I'm trying to get an idea of other peoples experiences first. For example, if everyone said, "I love it!" Then I'd have to think that there must be something great about it. Or if everyone said, "I hate it because XYZ". Then that would be useful. But from this thread, there doesn't seem to be any clear direction yet. The general vibe seems to be something along the lines of, "Meh, it exists." It's ok though. This isn't a black and white thing that requires an answer. I just was just looking for opinions and thoughts.

I mean, thing is, this is a discussion forum. So we "discuss" stuff. This is a discussion topic. Just something to pass the time and talk about (for those interested).
    You can read all the forums and have all the discussions you want, but with a free trial and a little critical thinking, you can decide for yourself.

Besides, it is Office, that in itself is worthy of "meh". Seriously though, in the last few years, other than hiding shit in the ribbon, there has not been anything that exciting. Just think of it like paying rent on your apartment. you don't have to pay for upgrades, it is part of the package, and I think as a bonus you get extra cloud storage.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Seriously though, in the last few years, other than hiding shit in the ribbon, there has not been anything that exciting. Just think of it like paying rent on your apartment. you don't have to pay for upgrades, it is part of the package, and I think as a bonus you get extra cloud storage.
    Ah, the Ribbon! Man do I have mixed feelings about the interface! It makes some advanced features easier to use, but in my case, since I do a lot of autotext in Word, it made me do a few extra steps to get things set up the way I wanted. I still don't really find it superior to pull down menus except for a few features.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Before the ribbon: I knew exactly where everything was that I wanted to click on in the File menu and just did my work.

After the ribbon: Work exactly the same as before except now every time I want to click on something I have to Google first to find out where it's located.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Before the ribbon: I knew exactly where everything was that I wanted to click on in the File menu and just did my work.

After the ribbon: Work exactly the same as before except now every time I want to click on something I have to Google first to find out where it's located.
    Yup. Fortunately, I work with an Office nerd. I just call him. It is probably the single most frustrating thing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Given Office 2013 is still available at this time be it in a different pay model for single install licenses the option is still open but for how much longer as they may just be putting a toe in the water with this one.