Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iTunes

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

iTunes

I have not purchased anything from itunes.

Can I play the downloads anywhere or did Apple do some sort of "hey, you can play this only on an iPod"?

Physical media is my preferred method of purchase but its getting harder and harder to find the titles I want.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    you should be able to play the non drm'ed itunes purchases anywhere so long as the device you want to playback with supports aac. most of itunes is drm free now, but there is still stuff that isn't. I tend to buy from amazon because I prefer to just get mp3 files over the m4a aac files from apple plus I know it's drm free.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, iTunes music has been drm free for years now. But for music bought back in the early days, it might be locked. One way around that might be to pay for a year of iTunes match. It costs $25. They will replace all your music (pirated, locked, whatever the case may be) with legit, high quality, unlocked files including album art and everything.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah, iTunes music has been drm free for years now. But for music bought back in the early days, it might be locked. One way around that might be to pay for a year of iTunes match. It costs $25. They will replace all your music (pirated, locked, whatever the case may be) with legit, high quality, unlocked files including album art and everything.
    This might be a good idea since I ripped most everything at 128 because I did not think I would have enough space for it.

Do you know if the volumes are leveled or do they still tend to be all over the place? Considering the amount of CD's I have ripped, that would be worth the 25 bucks right there.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    you should be able to play the non drm'ed itunes purchases anywhere so long as the device you want to playback with supports aac. most of itunes is drm free now, but there is still stuff that isn't. I tend to buy from amazon because I prefer to just get mp3 files over the m4a aac files from apple plus I know it's drm free.
    Good thinking. I have never been a fan of iTunes, since back in the day when it used to *cough bullshit* reorganize my music to be more user friendly.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    This might be a good idea since I ripped most everything at 128 because I did not think I would have enough space for it.

Do you know if the volumes are leveled or do they still tend to be all over the place? Considering the amount of CD's I have ripped, that would be worth the 25 bucks right there.
    I'm not sure about volume leveling tbh.

Also, just to throw this out there,... I have not actually done this myself. I've read about it plenty and I've only heard success stories with it though. It seems like a great solution and I've been meaning to do it but just haven't gotten around to it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm not sure about volume leveling tbh.

Also, just to throw this out there,... I have not actually done this myself. I've read about it plenty and I've only heard success stories with it though. It seems like a great solution and I've been meaning to do it but just haven't gotten around to it.
    I did it a couple of years ago when I found out that a lot of the music I had legally purchased from iTunes was DRM'd so I couldn't play it on anything else. Was not best impressed that I had to pay twice for something I bought from Apple but I will say it worked perfect. Can't remember for volume levelling.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    I did it a couple of years ago when I found out that a lot of the music I had legally purchased from iTunes was DRM'd so I couldn't play it on anything else. Was not best impressed that I had to pay twice for something I bought from Apple but I will say it worked perfect. Can't remember for volume levelling.
    I gotta do this soon. With my luck, they'll stop offering the service by the time I get around to finally doing it. LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The biggest drawback to buying from iTunes is that the software and store remain pretty clunky. Though I'm not much in love with the current version of Amazon Cloud Player either. Still, I get virtually all of my digital music via Amazon. Oddly, Younger Child likes to buy CDs and rip them.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    no matter what I run itunes on it's painfully slow. It's fairly intuitive once you get used to it but it's just so Gdamn slow.