Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iTunes

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I subscribe to Netflix and Hulu Plus, so there isn't much I can't watch online. I realize that most networks offer most of their content online for free, but since I tend to watch a lot of content that isn't available for free, I like the one or two stop shopping experience. As an Amazon Prime member, there's also a bunch of stuff to watch for free as well. Overall, for every mainstream video I watch, I'm probably watching about 5 Brit crime dramas and some Aussie stuff as well.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My daughter used to use my account when she was younger and had downloaded a bunch of teeny bob songs. Now, she is older and has her own AppleID and iTunes account, but I have all those stupid songs on my account. I recently got a new 5s and when i did my restore, i got all her songs. How can I get rid of them and how can she get her purchases back? I dont see them anywhere when I open iTunes on my pc.

Thanks wrrby
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    My daughter used to use my account when she was younger and had downloaded a bunch of teeny bob songs. Now, she is older and has her own AppleID and iTunes account, but I have all those stupid songs on my account. I recently got a new 5s and when i did my restore, i got all her songs. How can I get rid of them and how can she get her purchases back? I dont see them anywhere when I open iTunes on my pc.

Thanks wrrby
    Copy and paste.... Oh wait you can't do that cause you bought an Apple

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Thanks wrrby
    If I understand this correctly, it sounds like you're going to have to download them through your iTunes account and then copy them over to her.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Copy and paste.... Oh wait you can't do that cause you bought an Apple
    Why can't you copy and paste?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    If I understand this correctly, it sounds like you're going to have to download them through your iTunes account and then copy them over to her.

I'm assuming they are on my iCloud, because I dont see them in iTunes when I'm connected. How do I "download them"? I have an app isntalled on my PC (SharePod) which will allow me to save the music to my hard drive, but these damn things are not on my phone.

Also, once I download them and give tehm to her, how do i get rid of them?
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm assuming they are on my iCloud, because I dont see them in iTunes when I'm connected. How do I "download them"? I have an app isntalled on my PC (SharePod) which will allow me to save the music to my hard drive, but these damn things are not on my phone.

Also, once I download them and give tehm to her, how do i get rid of them?
    You'll have to install itunes on your computer and download from there. Once downloaded to your computer, then you can copy/paste them to her computer (more specifically, to her itunes). However, since they weren't purchased under her account, they will never be in her "icloud". Maybe you can call Apple and see if they can be cool about it and switch it over. I'm guessing they won't though. You'd probably need to copy them over and then pay once for that itunes match thing.

The bad news. How to delete them from your "icloud". Good question. I think you can't. But again, maybe you can call them and find out. They won't technically be on your phone but I think they will always show up as purchases that will never go away. I have a bunch like that too. I have stuff I never even purchased that shows up there. Not sure how that happened but it's annoying.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    and what cloud setting has them being sent to my phone? i want to change that
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    and what cloud setting has them being sent to my phone? i want to change that
    I'm pretty sure anything you've ever purchased will show up. Whether you actually download it to your phone or not is up to you. I agree though, I hate the fact that it all shows up there. My music app is cluttered with past purchases that I don't want there. They should just have a place you can go to see your purchases and then download as you want. But as it is, it all shows up.

Maybe there is a better way to do this but as far as I know, this is pretty much it. Overdrv or CeeBee would just tell you that the better way to do this would be to switch to Android.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Why can't you copy and paste?
    I'm not certain what he's talking about but I'm guessing he means copy/paste of files directly from computer to ipod. I don't think it was really meant as anything more than a declaration of his dislike for Apple in case anybody here wasn't aware of it.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison