Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: iTunes

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Pandora? It's good but so many commercials.
    I keep hearing people say that but I don't get that many. A 30 second commercial once, maybe twice an hour is not a deal breaker for me. Weird, I have heard people say they get them every other song.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All the music I've ever purchased from Apple is MP3, DRM unlocked. Totally standard, can be used on anything.
    Only this is the "cloud thing". Everything I read suggests they only store it as AAC.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I keep hearing people say that but I don't get that many. A 30 second commercial once, maybe twice an hour is not a deal breaker for me. Weird, I have heard people say they get them every other song.

I get a commercial every 15-20 minutes. no big deal.
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It must be a regional thing since most the commercials I hear are for more local businesses. Maybe no one paying to advertise in this market means there are no commercials to air.

Yay me.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Last few times I've tried Pandora, I get about 2-3 songs then 45 seconds of commercials or more. It was worse than FM radio. You had mentioned previously that it could depend on location. So if my location is offering that many commercials, then no thanks. Spotify on the other hand works great. Even better is just to pay $14.95 a month for SiriusXM and listen to the Hair Nation channel with NO commercials.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Only this is the "cloud thing". Everything I read suggests they only store it as AAC.
    That could be true. I am unaware of that though. All I know is that if I purchase music on itunes and then download it on my computer, it's MP3. Maybe it's changed though. It's been awhile since I used itunes on my computer.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Last few times I've tried Pandora, I get about 2-3 songs then 45 seconds of commercials or more. It was worse than FM radio. You had mentioned previously that it could depend on location. So if my location is offering that many commercials, then no thanks. Spotify on the other hand works great. Even better is just to pay $14.95 a month for SiriusXM and listen to the Hair Nation channel with NO commercials.
    I thought about paying for Pandora. not to get rid of the commercials but to get unlimited skips. that would be sweet. I have discovered a few new bands through Pandora and I would like to dig deeper into what they have. I have toyed with paying for XM but then I have to get special gear. I already have internet and a smart phone.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I thought about paying for Pandora. not to get rid of the commercials but to get unlimited skips. that would be sweet. I have discovered a few new bands through Pandora and I would like to dig deeper into what they have. I have toyed with paying for XM but then I have to get special gear. I already have internet and a smart phone.
    you can do an internet only xm subscription I believe to listen on your phone / computer.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    you can do an internet only xm subscription I believe to listen on your phone / computer.
    Yup. This is what I'm doing. I got the app on my iphone. The app really needs a major overhaul in terms of UI but as far as functionality goes, it works great.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    One part of it that sucks is that everything is a subscription now. Before you know it, I'm going to have 58 subscriptions every month for various things. It's too much stuff to keep track of. I wish there was a way to consolidate all these things. Like if SiriusXM had the ability to search for specific songs, that would take care of everything. But as it stands there are pros/cons for Pandora, Spotify, Sirius, iTunes, etc.