Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello there

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    I would consider going to meetings eventually if they had nothing to do with 12 step programs and deities and such...
    I'm only trying to help.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    We've been talking about some of this here...check out our thread, Webhead and I have been working out some demons ourselves. Feel free to share or start a new thread, but it helped me getting that off my chest; since it was something I didn't feel comfortable sharing with family right away. It got so comfortable talking about it here that I ended up sharing with my entire family. Well, not the kids. They don't really need to know their dad was feeling the tug of depression and alcohol guilt. When they are older i'll share with them too.

http://www.formatandreload.com/forum...f-caffeine-too

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Right. It's like we got our own AA meeting going on here. Pretty cool.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    I'm only trying to help.
    Wrong Deity.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Weird:

ilovetheusers, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did a search for it and this is the only thread that comes up. Is there a "steam room" I don't have access to?
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 04-23-2014 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Someone going to have to fix that for you...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Who's site admin now? 3fs? Noo?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Who's site admin now? 3fs? Noo?

Noo is the office manager. 3FS is the shift supervisor. I'm that guy in the basement with the red stapler.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Noo is the office manager. 3FS is the shift supervisor. I'm that guy in the basement with the red stapler.
    So you can't modify accounts then? Shame, you're the most stable dude I know, emphasis on uberdude (and Uber, no offense, you're the man IMO). Anyway, TYVM, for the info.

Drinking today, need not to, but every bill is late and the landlord is emailing, just kept the ISP going, nothing but rice and pasta to eat for me, ugh. Spent $9 on booze, could have bought like 5 bundles of asparagus at the veggie place or could have bought maybe a hunk of chicken and maybe some cereal at the ghetto store. Have food for the wife (she has more demanding requirements, like not just rice or pasta). Luckily the parents gave me moose and fish that my dad shot/caught. She will like that (I live to feed the wife, I enjoy being a cook sometimes). Anyway, I've stopped moping/crying today, and felt forced to go buy booze, so I'm not sober anymore. I wrote to SOS and they finally wrote back just now asking for an address. Snail mail the info for the meetings near me.

F**k....

FYI, cool story. A puerto Rica guy came into the store and tried to steal booze while I was there. The Puerto Rican guard nabbed him and the manager told him that he was never allowed to be near the store again lest he be put in jail for theft. His other leather skinned buddy with the backpack had a bottle of "hangover vodka" in his hand to pay for. Odd situation. The guard was not telling the guy exactly what the manager said (I know rudimentary Spanish, barely), and the guy stealing was oh so happy to meet someone from his native land. Ever think that you're seeing you're future? Yeah...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks man. Yeah, even if someone suggested I became an admin or mod here, I don't think I'd want to be. I enjoy being in the basement with my red stapler posting my opinions. LOL. Besides, I think those responsibilities are handled well enough here by 3FS and Noo.

I do have a few thoughts about the booze by the way -- as it relates to my own experiences. Thing is, drinking does fix things while you're drinking (or so it seems). The problem is, those problems tend to keep getting worse when you're not drinking. And drinking just makes depression worse and worse. I know this because I've been going through this lately too.

I find myself drinking on the weekends and drunk posting on Facebook. Then I have regret the next day. Cycle repeats.

A few weeks ago, i started reading here about Semper quitting drinking. I was inspired. I figured, heck maybe I should try that too. Even if it's just for a few weeks. What harm could that do? So in the last month, I've had only one night where I drank. And it was a social night with some great friends and I kept it to a minimum. Basically this month has been a clean month and I'm feeling pretty good now.

But before that, i was drinking multiple bottles of wine, by myself, in my apartment, binging on the weekend. I was not doing myself any favors with that. For the last year I've been complaining about insomnia. Turns out that not drinking has helped me return to normal sleep patterns in the last month. Not perfect sleep but getting better.

My point is, I know things are tough. They are for me too. I'm around if you ever need to talk. And if possible, maybe put the bottle down and try a walk instead. For me, a good walk does a lot of good. Much more good than the bottle ever did.