Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA, the new Tyranny

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

NBA, the new Tyranny

I want to thank the NBA league for teaching my children, and the world that if you don’t agree with someone’s stolen private thoughts its ok to gang up on and kick him out of his own sandbox. The fact that commissioner Adam Silver had the gall to use the words “NBA Constitution” in his justification is just a tragic excuse for this mob rule mentality. Don’t misinterpret this as me agreeing with the racist remarks; I’m saying they in no way justify the sanctions imposed. Those sanctions should be considered an egregious violation of Sterling's civil rights by all.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I just read what he said, and boy that is some bad stuff. Trouble is, private or not, once it's in the public arena the NBA had no choice but to come down hard. Don't blame the NBA, blame the scumbag girlfriend for making his private conversation public.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Something tells me there was a blackmail attempt by the g/f. I am guessing he told her to fuck herself.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh no, I 100% blame the NBA, and this pu$$y of a new commissioner for not standing up to the pressure. This was a gang bang knee jerk reaction to a loss of revenue. The clippers and GSW supposedly threatened to not play game 5 last night if this guy was still in the building. “Ok, go ahead and strike...every one of you will be fined” is what the commissioner should have said. “And in addition, although we don’t agree with the statements made, they were in fact private and in no way related to the management of his team, therefore all we can do is ask that Sterling publicly apologize, and the rest of the NBA will operate business as usual. “

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    To be apart of some clubs, you sign away some rights. Ask any teacher, law enforcement officer, they will tell you. Morals clause. It's written into contracts signed by radio and television personalities also.

You still have the right of free speech, but now, there's a penalty if society doesn't agree with your views. Land of the free???
    Last edited by Mobile PC; 04-30-2014 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    To be apart of some clubs, you sign away some rights. Ask any teacher, law enforcement officer, they will tell you. Morals clause. It's written into contracts signed by radio and television personalities also.
    That might be, but this conversation was not in the public eye. If he said it on the news or in a public forum, we would not be having this discussion.

It should not matter what he said in private. You simply cannot go around recording phone conversations without the consent of both parties. It is illegal in most states. Someone broke the law, and this guy is paying for it. Yes, he is a douche but behind closed doors, that is his right.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    That might be, but this conversation was not in the public eye. If he said it on the news or in a public forum, we would not be having this discussion.

It should not matter what he said in private. You simply cannot go around recording phone conversations without the consent of both parties. It is illegal in most states. Someone broke the law, and this guy is paying for it. Yes, he is a douche but behind closed doors, that is his right.
    I believe you only need the consent of one person in California. And I believe she has almost one hundred hours of this guy. But, i agree with you. This is America. Well, this was America.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Is America fining this guy ? No
    Is America arresting him ? No

Is this guy a Racist douche Nozzle ? Yes
    Did he make a statement that caused the NBA problems ? Yes
    Did he sign a contract giving up rights to become a MBA owner ? Yes

He got exactly what he deserved and maybe if he picked the people he has sex with better he would not be in this mess.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I assume that the league is going to pay all the player salaries that Stirling is contractually liable for. after all, if he can't come in the building, and he can't own the team, then NONE of those people should still be under contract. The NBA seems to be having their cake and eating it too. It will be interesting to see Stirling's legal response to all of this.

I do not agree with one word the guy said, but Semper has it right. I absolutely support his right to say what he said. He has broken no law in this matter so far that I know of. His opinion should in no way impinge on his Liberty. And taking away his property without due process does exactly that.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I know I'll feel very sorry for him when the nba forces him to sell and he makes over a billion dollars from said sale.