Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My summer project

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

My summer project

IMG_20140501_173409.jpgseahawks-logo.jpgI was given this little old beauty as a thank you for years of free tech support. Runs really well just needs some tlc. I used to have a '64 chev 40 years ago that I absolutely loved, not as much as my Camaro but sorta close, so this truck is going to be one fine assed project in between my treatments. Woohoo, slowness here I come!

Oops, how did that last one get in there....Go Hawks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jitBob; 05-04-2014 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob View Post
    IMG_20140501_173409.jpgseahawks-logo.jpgI was given this little old beauty as a thank you for years of free tech support. Runs really well just needs some tlc. I used to have a '64 chev 40 years ago that I absolutely loved, not as much as my Camaro but sorta close, so this truck is going to be one fine assed project in between my treatments. Woohoo, slowness here I come!

Oops, how did that last one get in there....Go Hawks.
    So, what are you going to do with the truck? Do you plan on restoring it and keeping it mostly stock, or do you want something a little more radical? My personal preference with older vehicles is to go with a fully stock restoration,where possible, and respect the integrity of the original design. Even within that limit, a nice tuck and roll upholstery upgrade and a better than factory paintjob can be very nice.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That will be a fun project and it was nice of your client to say thanks like that.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Pics one and two do not show up for me. I love old trucks and hope you restore it to it's original way. Good luck.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    So, what are you going to do with the truck? Do you plan on restoring it and keeping it mostly stock, or do you want something a little more radical? My personal preference with older vehicles is to go with a fully stock restoration,where possible, and respect the integrity of the original design. Even within that limit, a nice tuck and roll upholstery upgrade and a better than factory paintjob can be very nice.
    With an old truck there is a certain cache with being used, bruised and still trucking. So it will be driven for a while, slowly improving as I make up my mind how I want to go. Low, beefy, canary yellow with no back bumper? Two tone sea green/white with stock wheels? Chrome the front bumper? Trick? Sly? Sleeper? Loud and proud? Don't know and am in no hurry, but I will start collecting parts (window regulators, spare glass, etc.) now. It has a 60/40 split bench in it now which I don't quite see the sense in so that will definitely go.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    That will be a fun project and it was nice of your client to say thanks like that.
    Yes it was. Choked me up as it seems that I find it easy to give, but hard to let others give to me. Guess it's time I started to let them eh?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Looks perfect I would keep the rust off it. drop a ford 9 inch in back a turbo 350 Tranny and a 383 stroker under the hood. You have space for a big block but thats just overkill.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I vote Sleeper, Bob. The look of embarrassment on some guy's faces can be priceless.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I vote Sleeper, Bob. The look of embarrassment on some guy's faces can be priceless.
    You know it!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Should I win the lotto I will send you one of these only if you promise to install it and drive it.

That 1005 Cubic Inch or 16.4L Big Block