Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My summer project

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Looks like a summertime boat motor around here.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob View Post
    Yes it was. Choked me up as it seems that I find it easy to give, but hard to let others give to me. Guess it's time I started to let them eh?
    I've always been uncomfortable being on the receiving end of simple acts of human kindness. In my case, I was raised to believe that accepting any gift outside the family was a sign of weakness. My folks were pretty harsh, old school Texans: receiving a gift meant that you were burdened with an equivalent obligation.

But to get back on topic, I've got a fairly beat up red 1991 GMC Suburban (aka Clifford) that I'm thinking about dropping a new small block Chevy engine into the beast. You can buy one of these motors for about $1400, and installation is bonehead easy. So I'm thinking that I'll just ignore the peeling clear coat and the body damage and do the new engine this year, and buy a new tranny with my next tax refund. Guess I kinda like the Sleeper aesthetic.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!