Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you kidding me?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I agree. I once prepared a laptop in Spanish which some missionaries were going to deliver to a school in Mexico. It was just the OS, updates, and Office. I got a book for them too in order to teach them how to use it. While I do not speak Spanish, I had done the same install in English countless times so it went very smoothly.
    We have a lot of grad students here of various oriental descent. Knowing the install helps a good bit in fumbling through the prompts, but anything above that and I tell them they have to stay and translate for me.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I had a Japanese client for a brief period years ago, that was not easy giving normal support never mind installing an OS.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    A number of years ago, I was working as a bench tech, and a "hot" female Japanese photojournalist came in with a really nice Fujitsu laptop, of the type unavailable in the US at the time. She needed an external USB device installed, and wanted us to perform the installation.

The install menu came up, and we asked her if it was saying "Next".

"What, you guys can't read?" she asked.

I guess you had to be there, but everyone involved had a good laugh over that one, including her.