Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Phone Advice

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    well except for few providers called "linksys", "netgear"...
    LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You can make calls via wifi? I know you'll get your imessages, etc. but didn't know you could make calls that way??
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    You can make calls via wifi? I know you'll get your imessages, etc. but didn't know you could make calls that way??
    I use an app called viber. You can call and talk to anyone else who has it installed on their phone. Really works well. Can text and picture message for free as well.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Is it really painful and costly to unlock over there? For some reason I always thought people in Europe and the U.K. got their phones unlocked no problem. But it sounds like it's just as difficult there as it is here?

By the way, worse comes to worse, in an extreme emergency, I'm sure there are plenty of places to buy a prepaid phone for under $100. I personally think you'll do just fine with wifi. And the best thing is that if you have no signal, it just gives you a great excuse to put the phone away and go explore or do whatever you want to do without being tethered to electronics.
    Thing is, my phone is so important to me here right now with regards to contacting people via email, that I really don't want to risk bricking it. The cost via network provider is about $40, much less online but via some seriously dodgy sites. My favorite saying is "if it aint broke don't fix it". If it was a case of coming over, buying a sim, installing it and off you go then happy days. If only!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Thing is, my phone is so important to me here right now with regards to contacting people via email, that I really don't want to risk bricking it. The cost via network provider is about $40, much less online but via some seriously dodgy sites. My favorite saying is "if it aint broke don't fix it". If it was a case of coming over, buying a sim, installing it and off you go then happy days. If only!
    I hear ya. I don't unlock or jailbreak my phone for the same reasons. I feel that it works best in the factory state.