Thread: Stretch reflex--generating more micro-damage!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Stretch reflex--generating more micro-damage!

Can't wait to try this...never heard of doing this before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3NiF...er_profilepage

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Going to do those Arm curls today like a mutafuga!

I did find this other video interesting on the rotator cuff. Did some of that last night with some minor deltoid workouts...really felt different when you focus on this motion, can't wait to get 4-6 weeks into it see how this changes the game on some issues I've had with certain lifts. I really enjoy how this guy breaks it down anatomically...some of the best workout videos I've found on the internet. He doesn't waste time showing you all the reps, he discusses how this works the body, shows you what you need to do the workout, and you take all that knowledge to the gym....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBR4N...QbE-MjuHXevj2A

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Interesting, but I'm currently a little old and way to broken up for this sort of intense activity. Back in college, I did a couple of years of weight training and advanced weight training and got pretty fit. My coach was a big believer in circuit training. I'm sure you know the drill, but some don't so: http://www.military.com/military-fit...rcuit-training

Coach normally made us do the circuits with about 80% of our maximum lift. At the end of 3 circuits, I usually couldn't decide whether to puke, die, or both. So, I ended up doing none of the above and just lying on the floor praying for death. We did this 3 times a week, and the other two days of the week we did more traditional weight work.

Coach was supposed to coach the U.S. Olympic Swimming team just before I started college, but he was sidelined by a heart attack. I did a couple of semesters of swimming with him as my coach, and he treated the class just like they were Olympic competitors. There was no slack given. He just pushed you until you maxed out. Loved the man.

Anyway, I was two years into his weight training program when he announced he had a bet with another coach who taught a "conditioning" class that was all about traditional calisthenics. You know, running, push ups, jumping jacks, all that old school stuff. The bet was that both classes would go to the track, do the Cooper fitness test, and the worst of his class would beat the best of the other coach's class. We didn't just win, I like to think we totally humiliated the guys in the "conditioning" class.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I wish my gym wasn't so crowded, I would rather do a circuit type workout, but you can't really reserve 5-7 machines/workout spaces at once, reserving 2 is hard enough. If I could get in at 5 AM I could probably have run of the place...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    I wish my gym wasn't so crowded, I would rather do a circuit type workout, but you can't really reserve 5-7 machines/workout spaces at once, reserving 2 is hard enough. If I could get in at 5 AM I could probably have run of the place...
    I get your drift, but maybe you could push the management to set up a dedicated program? Don't they already offer yoga and Pilates classes? Blocking out two or three hours a week for circuit training shouldn't be impossible. A lot of folks really don't understand the cardiovascular benefits of weight training, so it might be a hard sell. Gyms these days mostly tend to be into whatever is new and trendy. On the other hand, is your gym so old school that people just go there and work out?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I used to do a circuit that was 1/3 or 1/2 mile running and then three exercises / machines repeated 6 times. I never really had a problem finding a machine to use even if it was crowded. I just had to be flexible that I might not be going in the exact order I usually do. i.e. if it was time to do the three leg machines and there was someone on them I'd just skip that part and go to another set of exercises / machines and hit legs when the machines were free.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Going to do those Arm curls today like a mutafuga!

I did find this other video interesting on the rotator cuff. Did some of that last night with some minor deltoid workouts...really felt different when you focus on this motion, can't wait to get 4-6 weeks into it see how this changes the game on some issues I've had with certain lifts. I really enjoy how this guy breaks it down anatomically...some of the best workout videos I've found on the internet. He doesn't waste time showing you all the reps, he discusses how this works the body, shows you what you need to do the workout, and you take all that knowledge to the gym....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBR4N...QbE-MjuHXevj2A
    I tell you what, this rotator cuff strengthening is a genuine thing. I've been doing them at lest 2 or 3 times a week, just any angle I can come with (Did one bent over arms straight up in the air Saturday), the benefits are already obvious. I am benching and shoulder pressing much stronger, and the shoulder joint is without fatigue or pain like I had noted in the past.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I tell you what, this rotator cuff strengthening is a genuine thing. I've been doing them at lest 2 or 3 times a week, just any angle I can come with (Did one bent over arms straight up in the air Saturday), the benefits are already obvious. I am benching and shoulder pressing much stronger, and the shoulder joint is without fatigue or pain like I had noted in the past.
    That's a great link, and I wish I had found it about 20 years ago. All the same, I think it offers a better path for getting my old, broken shoulder and arm fit again as an alternative to surgery. Very nice find!
    WIFFLEBALL!