I came across something that I'm a little bit stumped on. At work, I have a guy who is developing test system software using Visual Studio 2012. So his software is done and runs but he wants to remote debug it. So for example, he wants his software running on maybe 5 test systems. As the software is running, it will send debug information.

After some research, I discovered that I can do "remote debugging". But that requires the remote debug tool to be installed on his laptop and VS would have to be installed on each test system. But he doesn't want VS installed on each test system.

Is there a way around this? Is there a way the software can run and send debug info to a remote system? Or heck, maybe to a local shared folder? Anybody ever come across anything like this before? Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

My thought was to make run a command in the background that appends in real-time to a text file that is stored in a shared folder. That way he could open the text file in a command window and see the bug info in real-time. Although I'm not sure how I'd set that up. And I'm not sure what command could be used to do that.