Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I saw part of that game too. Japan looked good until about the 65 minute mark and then Ivory Coast scored twice in about five minutes. After that, Japan just could not get back into it again.
    I guess Ivory Coast started paying attention to Elder Child's advice about leaning into the shot.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    USA! USA! USA! I'm a little late posting this but yesterdays win over Ghana was pretty awesome.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    As I said, England are pretyy cr*p right now. Surprised about Spain though. Really enjoyed seeing the US coverage of football on ESPN. The commentator on the matches is a well know UK commentator and he's fantastic, but the half time stuff from your American guys is really funny as the language used is completely unlike what I'm used to. What we found is that many more Americans are into the sport than we thought would be. Bars in NYC were full of Americans watching all the big games and in Vegas the US match was celebrated by everyone.

Unlucky against Portugal yesterday, still think you'll get through with a draw against Germany.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post

Unlucky against Portugal yesterday, still think you'll get through with a draw against Germany.
    if the US and Germany are smart, they'll come to an unspoken agreement to draw 0-0 and both move on.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    if the US and Germany are smart, they'll come to an unspoken agreement to draw 0-0 and both move on.
    Honestly that's unlikely. Germany playing too well. Plus it may be a "revenge" type of thing given that the US coach is German...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    though Germany hasn't officially clinched, they are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the knockout round by virtue of crushing portugal in their first game, right? I mean either Ghana or Portugal would have to make up a serious goal differential even in germany loses to the US.

Am I understanding the tiebreakers correctly. Germany seems like a lock thanks to kicking Portugal's ass.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Am I understanding the tiebreakers correctly. Germany seems like a lock thanks to kicking Portugal's ass.
    It really depends on the last games. This cup has brought big surprises. All it takes is a 3-0 for Ghana (not at all impossible) and 1-0 for US and they are out.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I gotta say, this is the most interested I have seen my bar patron interested in soccer, like ever!
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    As I said, England are pretyy cr*p right now. Surprised about Spain though. Really enjoyed seeing the US coverage of football on ESPN. The commentator on the matches is a well know UK commentator and he's fantastic, but the half time stuff from your American guys is really funny as the language used is completely unlike what I'm used to. What we found is that many more Americans are into the sport than we thought would be. Bars in NYC were full of Americans watching all the big games and in Vegas the US match was celebrated by everyone.

Yup. It's been soccer fever here. But it's not normally like this. Only for the World Cup. Americans still generally don't care about soccer otherwise. I wish they would do more to promote MLS though. Go Earthquakes! I enjoy watching it.

That said, yesterday was a heartbreaker. Oh well. Good game though.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh man,... that would be awesome! They should!