Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knoebels Amusement Park, Pennsylvania Route 80, and Finger Lakes Region of NY

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Knoebels Amusement Park, Pennsylvania Route 80, and Finger Lakes Region of NY

Have you ever been to Knoebels Amusement Park? What are your thoughts? I will have my two daughters, ages 11 and 15.

I am planning a vacation which will tentatively include Pennsylvania along route 80, Pocono Mountains, and the Finger Lakes Region of New York. We will return to Michigan via Southern Ontario by crossing over at Buffalo. I am still working out the details but the trip must include at least one amusement park.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Kennywood is a possibility too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Kennywood is a possibility too.
    was just at Kennywood yesterday for our company picnic. We had a great time. It's a very quaint but fun park and there's enough attractions for everyone. it's probably way more expensive than it has a right to be ($40 ish for admission) but if it's not too crowded and the weather is decent it's good time.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've been to both. Knoebel's is about a 90 minute drive for me so I've been to it quite a few times. It's a good family park and one of the best things about it is that admission is free so if you have adults along that aren't going to ride they don't pay. I haven't been there in probably almost 10 years now so it may have changed a good bit. Kennywood I was only ever at once and that was probably 20 years ago. From what I remember it has a lot of cool roller coasters and was a decent amusement park as well.

Hersheypark is always a fun one, but it's definitely expensive. We go there probably once every other year or so.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything we want to do in a week without making the girls too tired or spending a fortune. I might give up the Poconos because they are so far east and save them for another trip. On the other hand, I am tempted to work the New River Gorge Bridge into the trip. I have always wanted to see that area.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The vacation is planned and we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. On Monday we will be driving through State College on our way to Stroudsburg. I'll wave to 3F on the way past. Sorry, can't treat you to lunch this time.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    The vacation is planned and we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. On Monday we will be driving through State College on our way to Stroudsburg. I'll wave to 3F on the way past. Sorry, can't treat you to lunch this time.
    Too bad, I could have treated you to one of Penn State's famous Creamery Ice Cream cones!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Too bad, I could have treated you to one of Penn State's famous Creamery Ice Cream cones!
    The girls would like that. How tight is your schedule on Monday? Can you pm your cell number?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So I just met Pinnacle and his 2 daughters, very nice people!

Enjoy the rest of your trip....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    So I just met Pinnacle and his 2 daughters, very nice people!

Enjoy the rest of your trip....
    nice!!!