Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Five Guys

We got a Five Guys sometime late last year. I finally went there for lunch today. I just don't understand the attraction to this place. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger (2 patties), small fry, and regular drink. It came to $12.06. That's pretty expensive compared to McDonald's but did not taste any better. Judging from the press this place gets, others obviously disagree with me but I have no idea why. The one plus was the staff. They were polite, energetic, happy, and hard working. Just too bad the food was overpriced and bland.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Personally, I love the place. Expensive but a double patty burger and fries is almost 2 meals.

Comparing to McDonald's? Eww

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Burgers are decent, fries plenty. Pricey? I wouldn't say, it's cheaper than your average bar that serves house burgers ($8-10 around here).
    Plan B has the best burgers period. Locations only in CT so far though.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Interesting info, but to get to a Five Guys or a Chipotles's is about a 4 hour drive from here. Truly, I currently live in the middle of nowhere. Sure, I'm right next door to the largest inland petrochemical complex in the world, and I'm about 20 miles from the Pantex Nuclear Facility, but otherwise, ain't nothin' happenin' 'round here. Well, OK, they build Osprey's about 45 miles down the road, but otherwise it's pretty dull.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    hmm....I really enjoy it. Yes it's a bit pricey compared to Burger King / McDonalds, but you get more food and I actually think it's far superior to that crap.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It is the East coast midwest version of In and Out which is one of the best chain burgers I have ever had.

Damn it...now I might have to make a run for one.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've been to a few FiveGuys and never had anything that I'd call great. Small, weak burgers and decent fries. I don;t see the attraction.
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've been to Five Guys in Austin and it was good, not great. And yeah, the prices are a bit steep.

But they are definitely better than stinking McD's. Hell, anything's better than them.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I ate Five Guys. You should too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    There's one near me and I went there once. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely better than McDonalds (which isn't saying much). I do like McDonalds but let's face it, that's like barely one step above eating cat food. The Five Guys burger at least seems to use quality ingredients -- tastes that way anyway. I personally prefer In & Out Burger.

Although all that said, burgers in general all seem to taste about the same to me. Ground meat, lettuce, tomato, bread.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out with Five Guys is the weird thing they have with peanuts. For whatever reason they seem to want to encourage people to go sit and eat peanuts while you wait for your burger. I mean, nothing wrong with that,... just seems unusual.