Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Guys

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post

The thing I'm still trying to figure out with Five Guys is the weird thing they have with peanuts. For whatever reason they seem to want to encourage people to go sit and eat peanuts while you wait for your burger. I mean, nothing wrong with that,... just seems unusual.
    I have 2 thoughts on this.

1.) It keeps people from hovering around the counter waiting for their food.

2.) if you load up on those, then drink soda, you get full way faster and leave thinking you got a really good deal on your meal because you are stuffed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I have 2 thoughts on this.

1.) It keeps people from hovering around the counter waiting for their food.

2.) if you load up on those, then drink soda, you get full way faster and leave thinking you got a really good deal on your meal because you are stuffed.
    Those points do make a lot of sense. It's just so odd that there are these random peanuts that everyone seems all stoked on. LOL.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Those points do make a lot of sense. It's just so odd that there are these random peanuts that everyone seems all stoked on. LOL.

Maybe they are chasing people with peanut allergies out. Kind of like garlic does to vampires

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Personally, I like Braums for burgers. Excellent beef (even if the burgers are a little wet for my taste). The company is fairly small, family owned, and they still put quality above quantity. All of their milk and their beef is RBGH free. Sadly, I bet most of you are outside of their service area.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All this talk about burgers is making me hungry.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All this talk about burgers is making me hungry.
    Yeah, my wife is always on me to cook more vegetarian meals, so lately I've done some very nice gazpacho, and a pretty fine quinoa and black bean salad. I also made a nice olive spread that I use on muffalettas. Not really vegetarian, but you can cut back on the meats and cheeses and still have a very good sandwich. I also do a couple of styles of curried lentils that are absolutely killer. Anyway, wife is is in Austin all this week doing job training, so the kids and I are mostly living on cold pizza, burgers, and BBQ.

Her job is about a 12 to 14 hour day, while my hours tend to more flexible, though sometimes more demanding. Anyway, I generally handle family meals during the week, while she takes care of things on the weekends.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-01-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I eat a ton of fruits and vegetables lately. It's easy for me to slip into a fast food binge though. It's just so convenient and good.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I eat a ton of fruits and vegetables lately. It's easy for me to slip into a fast food binge though. It's just so convenient and good.
    I have problems with the kiddos eating fruits and veggies. When we are on our own, it's easy to get lazy and eat all kinds of crap food. All the same, I've got around 15 years of cooking breakfast and dinner for the family four days a week while also running a business, and I'm a little burnt out when it comes to new menu ideas, most of which the kids wont eat because they are too spicy, or (in my wife's case they are too hot and also contain fish sauce) Increasingly, my view has become " If you don't like what I cook, there's Top Ramen, Kraft Mac and Cheese, oatmeal, and Spaghetti O's in the pantry." Enjoy
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    We got a Five Guys sometime late last year. I finally went there for lunch today. I just don't understand the attraction to this place. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger (2 patties), small fry, and regular drink. It came to $12.06. That's pretty expensive compared to McDonald's but did not taste any better. Judging from the press this place gets, others obviously disagree with me but I have no idea why. The one plus was the staff. They were polite, energetic, happy, and hard working. Just too bad the food was overpriced and bland.
    I ate at one of these for the first time last year and wasn't overly impressed. The fries were really good but the burger was just "ok". It's definitely a lot better than the fast food joints but there are plenty of places I can get a much better burger for the same price or less so I won't be bothering with them anymore. I just wanted to see if they lived up to the hype and in my case, they didn't.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I ate at one of these for the first time last year and wasn't overly impressed. The fries were really good but the burger was just "ok". It's definitely a lot better than the fast food joints but there are plenty of places I can get a much better burger for the same price or less so I won't be bothering with them anymore. I just wanted to see if they lived up to the hype and in my case, they didn't.
    I guess if I were forced to pick my favorite burger chain, I'd have to go with Red Robin. Good burgers, good bar, and only an hour down the road.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-01-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    WIFFLEBALL!