Thread: Yes, drinking was involved.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Yes, drinking was involved.

No great surprise, drinking was involved.

CHEBOYGAN COUNTY

Shirtless tractor driver leads officers on chase

By Darcie Moran

dmoran@mlive.com

A Cheboygan man was arrested this week after leading officers on a chase while on a John Deere tractor.

Joshua Viau, 35, was charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, resisting and obstructing police officer, fleeing and eluding police officers and operating while intoxicated.

The Cheboygan Department of Public Safety said the Tuesday incident began after they received reports of a shirtless man, who appeared to be intoxicated, driving a tractor.

Police found the man driving erratically and attempted to stop him. However, police said the man looked back at the patrol vehicle before continuing down a side street, turning around and attempting to strike it.

After the man missed the patrol vehicle, he drove into a busy intersection, ran a stop sign, made a U-turn and swerved toward police again.

Another police vehicle then arrived and tried to assist in stopping the tractor, but the driver attempted to ram that vehicle, as well.

He eventually swerved and struck the patrol vehicle

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I know my rights!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hilarious, although I wonder why the need to mention "shirtless"? It's not like it was a female or something.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Hilarious, although I wonder why the need to mention "shirtless"? It's not like it was a female or something.
    It is like writing a report in school that had to be so many words long. The writer was probably looking for that one more word.

Or he had moobs and the word "man" was the extra word.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    It is like writing a report in school that had to be so many words long. The writer was probably looking for that one more word.

Or he had moobs and the word "man" was the extra word.
    Personally, I think the detail of the driver being shirtless adds some color to the story. Heck, I was up at Ft. Hood many years ago when a soldier stole an Abrams tank and drove it around downtown Killeen for hour or so.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Personally, I think the detail of the driver being shirtless adds some color to the story. Heck, I was up at Ft. Hood many years ago when a soldier stole an Abrams tank and drove it around downtown Killeen for hour or so.
    Maybe... I thought it was rather weird too. Out of all the things they could have said to describe him, shirtless seemed weird.

My post was kind of tongue in cheek. I would have no idea why that particular fact was pointed out

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Maybe... I thought it was rather weird too. Out of all the things they could have said to describe him, shirtless seemed weird.

My post was kind of tongue in cheek. I would have no idea why that particular fact was pointed out
    maybe it made the reporter horny?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You could have shortened that story so much it would fit in a tweet

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    You could have shortened that story so much it would fit in a tweet
    Maybe. But I liked the report. I have a deep seated respect for strange and irrational behavior. So long as nobody gets killed.
    WIFFLEBALL!