Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Search

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Job Search

Need to know the best sites for job searches. Posting on my states job site, and careerbuilder. Any others? Thanks.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Need to know the best sites for job searches. Posting on my states job site, and careerbuilder. Any others? Thanks.
    I assume you're talking about CWDS? Also, there's a good many jobs advertised nowadays on craigslist.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Was using jobgateway.pa.gov. I'll check out the one you posted though.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    Was using jobgateway.pa.gov. I'll check out the one you posted though.
    That's the same site, I believe the CWDS site just redirects into that one then.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well derp, ok then.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Beyond.com and ziprecruiter.com seems to work best for me. Their emails are pretty much spot on to what I'm looking for.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Dice, monster.
    Best of best is using a headhunter - worked with Tek Systems and Robert Half in the past (among others).
    Keep in mind that you can work with 100 headhunters if you want and owe them nothing - they get their commission from the company when you get hired.
    Headhunters have access to many jobs that never get posted, hiring people don't want 1000 resumes, they want 10 pre-screened people to interview.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Dice, monster.
    Best of best is using a headhunter - worked with Tek Systems and Robert Half in the past (among others).
    Keep in mind that you can work with 100 headhunters if you want and owe them nothing - they get their commission from the company when you get hired.
    Headhunters have access to many jobs that never get posted, hiring people don't want 1000 resumes, they want 10 pre-screened people to interview.
    Plus there's a lot of places like the university I'm at that use nothing other than their own advertising. We have a website where jobs get posted and that's where they hire from.

So start looking at the websites of larger places you'd be interested in working at (hospitals, universities, school districts, etc.) as well.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Love Beyond, it's so easy to use, makes ya look pretty good too.

Is Zip more for "looking to hire"? EDIT: NM I just looked it over again... Having a very derpy day.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 07-11-2014 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Dice, monster.
    So, apply to Tek Systems and Robert Half and others and the recruiters contact me? In the past, I've just had recruiters find my resume and contact me, though from what I hear this isn't the best way to go anymore (dealing with individuals vs companies)?