Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Job Search

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    So, apply to Tek Systems and Robert Half and others and the recruiters contact me? In the past, I've just had recruiters find my resume and contact me, though from what I hear this isn't the best way to go anymore (dealing with individuals vs companies)?
    No, you get their phone # and ask to talk to someone who specializes in IT. Then you exchange info and go from there. there is a 95% chance that they will want to meet with you in person before even going further. Good headhunters do it all the time, their reputation depends on the overall quality of people they send to interviews. There was one agency where I basically had an "interview" with 3 of their people so that they can get an exact idea of what I was looking for and my skillset. Eventually they hooked me up with this job...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    No, you get their phone # and ask to talk to someone who specializes in IT. Then you exchange info and go from there. there is a 95% chance that they will want to meet with you in person before even going further.
    Another benefit to working with a headhunter, is that if they have any issues with your job experience vis a vis the kind of job you are looking for, they will usually tell you. That's valuable info you don't get in a regular job interview.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I assume you're talking about CWDS? Also, there's a good many jobs advertised nowadays on craigslist.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many applicants I get through Craigslist. I found my new instructor through Craigslist.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how many applicants I get through Craigslist. I found my new instructor through Craigslist.
    Around here 90%+ of the offers are an insult. Think sr. Developer contract for 50-70k when the market pays 80k+ for a direct employee.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Around here 90%+ of the offers are an insult. Think sr. Developer contract for 50-70k when the market pays 80k+ for a direct employee.
    That's the way of the world today, eh? Expertise and ability is often trumped by younger and hungrier.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    That's the way of the world today, eh? Expertise and ability is often trumped by younger and hungrier.
    I was talking about the Craigslist job offers... either delusional employers or looking for desperate people.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I was talking about the Craigslist job offers... either delusional employers or looking for desperate people.
    Yeah, I understood that very well. I thought my post was also pretty clear that there are always folks hungry enough for a job that they will apply for anything even if their qualifications are thin. And there are certainly companies that will hire them. I apologize if I confused you. I guess subtlety isn't my metier.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-13-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    WIFFLEBALL!