Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model S

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Tesla Model S

So, I've been following Tesla Motors for a while with interest. It started when I saw the Top Gear review of the Tesla Roadster. While their review was not necessarily favorable (and later sparked a libel lawsuit against BBC) I was still really impressed with the EV technology Tesla was producing. For craps sake, it was an all electric super car that could go from 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds! I watched their production of their Model S very closely and was impressed with most everything I saw. I recently had the opportunity to hit one of their showrooms in downtown Seattle. Oh, if I only had a spare $80,000. That is a freakin' beautiful vehicle. Doesn't hurt that it's the only EV that does not look like some sci-fi reject. I spent a couple hours there playing with the show models and due to a very fortuitous no show, I even got to test drive one (normally by appointment only). What an amazing drive.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

Interesting review from an owner: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Somebody want to fix the thread title? I look like a moron.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Somebody want to fix the thread title? I look like a moron.
    Beyond the obvious response, I'd say chill out! We all got typos, and even professional journalists apparently don't prrrofrrried thir content.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    I even got to test drive one (normally by appointment only). What an amazing drive.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models

Interesting review from an owner: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s
    So, did you have to change your pants afterward, or did you merely wring them out?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    And for those of us who don't have $80K, the Model 3 (or is it Model E?) will be coming out in 2015 for $35K. iWant! It kinda sucks in a way that I literally live right down the street from Tesla. Such a tease. I pass by it every day going to and from work and always wish I could go inside and see what Elon Musk is up to in there. And if only I could get a job there I could walk to work at one of the greatest manufacturing facilities in the country.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    if only I could get a job there I could walk to work at one of the greatest manufacturing facilities in the country.
    Have you applied or are you waiting for them to come knocking on your door?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    LOL. No I haven't applied. I've been hoping they will come knocking at my door. How did you know?

Actually, there was a job fair there several weeks ago. They were hiring for a handful of positions. Hundreds of people showed up early in the morning with resumes in hand. That's a tough company to get into. I think I might know some people though. Once I'm done with school I'm going to explore this a little bit more (along with other things).

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I can imagine all sorts of things WebHead might be doing out side of his Tesla dealership. At one point, I probably did the same stuff outside of Austin's Ferrari shop.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Honestly, even just getting the foot in the door as an assembler making $13 p/h would be a good move I think. Unlimited potential in this company. This Tesla company is going to grow big time in the next 10 years I think. It's going to revolutionize the auto industry just as the iPhone revolutionized the computer/cellular industry.

Also, Elon Musk opened up his patents so the technology can advance even faster. So this will be a booming industry. Just watch.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Honestly, even just getting the foot in the door as an assembler making $13 p/h would be a good move I think. Unlimited potential in this company. This Tesla company is going to grow big time in the next 10 years I think. It's going to revolutionize the auto industry just as the iPhone revolutionized the computer/cellular industry.

Also, Elon Musk opened up his patents so the technology can advance even faster. So this will be a booming industry. Just watch.
    I don't know; I tend to think that there is so much money invested in old, outdated technologies that we may well be screwed and can't walk away from oil and gas. Look, plenty of folks still believe that wind and solar power is some Commie/Hippie scam.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-23-2014 at 08:51 AM.
    WIFFLEBALL!