Donate
    Tell these people that having a gun is bad:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...oting+intruder

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Nice, two articles that are 5 years old and one by an obvious NRA member. Why does all logic go out of the window when you guys get a jab about guns?
    why do you guys think it is simple to take away 400 million guns from 300 million law abiding citizens? The point of removing guns now will never ever happen. Even if the government mandated it, it would never happen. You guys might have polite criminals over there, we do not here. they do not obey weapon laws.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The way I see it is that an unarmed robber can become an armed one if he gets the gun off of her.
    Of course, that's always a possibility, but I think you make a mistake when you assume most criminals aren't armed in some fashion. If a person is completely unarmed, even a tire thumper or a chef's knife is potentially lethal and very scary.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not only is my family much safer when they walk the streets and sleep at night, but I don't walk around paranoid that "they're out to get me" either as you seem to be. Not having guns makes us safer and I haven't had to make that up like your quoted line. I live in a suburb of London and have no problem letting my daughters travel around on public transport with friends and being out and about locally. No knives, no guns, no threat. Could you say the same in a New York suburb? You have to arm your kids and you call the Brits victims? Think about that one.

You guys are arming yourselves for a threat that simply isn't there. The only threat is that other people have guns. Go figure.
    At the risk of repeating an earlier post, yes, my expectation that my daughter will ever need to use a weapon is very low. But wanting her to be able to defend herself isn't paranoia, it's just due diligence. The ugly reality is that America is a pretty violent society. That doesn't cause my heart to swell with pride, but it's true all the same. Guns aren't a pre-requisite for violent crime. Once again, let me remind you that being armed with a gun may once have kept me from injury or death.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    why do you guys think it is simple to take away 400 million guns from 300 million law abiding citizens? The point of removing guns now will never ever happen. Even if the government mandated it, it would never happen. You guys might have polite criminals over there, we do not here. they do not obey weapon laws.
    You know, there's a certain irony here. I mean, I'm one of those Lefty Pinkos who always advocates tighter controls on gun sales, but here I am advocating gun ownership and a concealed carry permit for my daughter when she comes of age. And of course, Gazzak thinks I'm howling mad. Well, I guess he thinks we are all crazed on this side of the pond.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    And of course, Gazzak thinks I'm howling mad. Well, I guess he thinks we are all crazed on this side of the pond.
    Trust me, it doesn't take a gun thread for me to realise that .

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Trust me, it doesn't take a gun thread for me to realise that .
    What can I say; even with the diverse cultural influences in the U.S., Britain remains our mother country. It's a little late to rethink Jamestown.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Agreed wth the XDS line, wife is wanting to look into the small purse sized Rugers(.380 and 9mm).

When time comes, first we will go to a gun show and see what fits her hand best. Then will be finding a range that has them to rent(or a buddy that has one).

Everyone has their own opinion on every gun, but each individual needs to pick it up and see for themselves. Everyone says SIG is amazing but I just don't like shooting them.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Agreed wth the XDS line, wife is wanting to look into the small purse sized Rugers(.380 and 9mm).

When time comes, first we will go to a gun show and see what fits her hand best. Then will be finding a range that has them to rent(or a buddy that has one).

Everyone has their own opinion on every gun, but each individual needs to pick it up and see for themselves. Everyone says SIG is amazing but I just don't like shooting them.
    Great to see another old timer resurrected, by the way! Howdy! I like SIGs for their reliability, and a few months ago, I was pretty sure that's what I would buy for Elder Child. But after shopping some more, I've changed my mind. There's a Springfield dealer about 50 miles down the road that also has a gun range, so EC and I have been shooting the XDS a bit over the last week, and it's very nice. It's easy to customize for individual shooter's hand sizes, and is just a very well designed weapon. That will be her Christmas present, since I'm currently looking at coughing up the cash for next semester's textbooks plus $700 to have one of her teeth crowned.

Have to say, as much as I like my old Browning Hi-Power, I'm inclined to buy a .40 cal XDM for my birthday come Ground Hog Day, and send the Browning to a new home.
    WIFFLEBALL!