Thread: Conference room meetings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here's another thing.... So if you go to "https://plus.google.com/photos" you will end up at Google+ Photos. Hopefully you have some photos in there. You will notice a Chromecast button. So this is how you would cast photos to your TV if needed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Here's another thing.... So if you go to "https://plus.google.com/photos" you will end up at Google+ Photos. Hopefully you have some photos in there. You will notice a Chromecast button. So this is how you would cast photos to your TV if needed.

Right. I have a ton of photos in my google+ account and can easily throw them and even videos recorded from my cell phone/tablet directly this way. I'm trying to find the best solution to play videos (movies) on my tv. I used to do it with my work laptop which had HDMI out, but I had to turn that in when I left last year so now I don't have anything with HDMI out to do it easily. Some of them I have had success with throwing on a flash drive and playing through an media player app i loaded onto homebrew on my Wii, but it only seems to play some avi files correctly, others get the video/audio all out of sync and any other format just flat out doesn't play.

Someday soon I'll get something that has HDMI out. There's devices out there that will work with my Nexus 7 and they make a adapter to go from micro-usb to HDMI on my Galaxy S3 phone, but I just haven't got around to ordering one for the tablet yet and I don't really want to use my phone to play movies and I have my doubts it would keep up processor-wise anyhow.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison