Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conference room meetings?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Interesting. I'll have to check that tonight on the one I got my daughter for using with her ipad/netflix. My main interest is playing straight-up video (avi, mkv, etc.) files from my tablet or laptop to my tv.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Right. I've been trying to figure that one out too. The best solution I came up with was to create a YouTube channel and make all the videos private. The reason being that YouTube has the best Chromecasting capabilities that I have seen so far. But for very large files (i.e., movies) this is pretty much impossible unless you have a lot of time and patience.

On the other hand, I believe it's possible to cast local video files but it will take some research and third-party things and very low expectations. The idea for Chromecast is great but at the moment, it's still highly under-developed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here's another thing.... So if you go to "https://plus.google.com/photos" you will end up at Google+ Photos. Hopefully you have some photos in there. You will notice a Chromecast button. So this is how you would cast photos to your TV if needed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Here's another thing.... So if you go to "https://plus.google.com/photos" you will end up at Google+ Photos. Hopefully you have some photos in there. You will notice a Chromecast button. So this is how you would cast photos to your TV if needed.

Right. I have a ton of photos in my google+ account and can easily throw them and even videos recorded from my cell phone/tablet directly this way. I'm trying to find the best solution to play videos (movies) on my tv. I used to do it with my work laptop which had HDMI out, but I had to turn that in when I left last year so now I don't have anything with HDMI out to do it easily. Some of them I have had success with throwing on a flash drive and playing through an media player app i loaded onto homebrew on my Wii, but it only seems to play some avi files correctly, others get the video/audio all out of sync and any other format just flat out doesn't play.

Someday soon I'll get something that has HDMI out. There's devices out there that will work with my Nexus 7 and they make a adapter to go from micro-usb to HDMI on my Galaxy S3 phone, but I just haven't got around to ordering one for the tablet yet and I don't really want to use my phone to play movies and I have my doubts it would keep up processor-wise anyhow.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Interesting. I'll have to check that tonight on the one I got my daughter for using with her ipad/netflix. My main interest is playing straight-up video (avi, mkv, etc.) files from my tablet or laptop to my tv.
    You can paste the address of the file in the chrome browser address bar i.e. C:\Video file\example then cast the browser to the screen Im not sure if audio is totally in synch though on some types as last time I looked it was still in beta.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    By the way, here's another application. I used this to catch up on some Walking Dead episodes awhile back.

[This is for iOS users who want to watch Google Play content]: So in iOS you can download the Google Play app (for movies and TV). The way it works is to go on the computer into the Google Play store. Then you find the movie or TV show you want and pay for it. Then go to your iOS device and it will show up in the Google Play app. Then you can cast it to the Chromecast device on the TV.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    OCS and Live Meetings with a RoundTable device and a projector.
    not so blue

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertKr View Post
    Affordable24rx.com - Cheap Online Pharmacy without Prescription - Cheap Pharmacy Online that offer a large assortment of drugs.
    All medicines of high-quality at low prices without prescription with shipping worldwide.
    Interesting theory m8, what's your source?