Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have this type of traffic light where you live?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    We don't need them in Canada everyone is so polite and always lets you in <------- This is complete and utter bullshit
    LOL

People here seem to forget how this whole onramp thing works.

I DON'T have to let you in front of me, so racing down the merge lane will likely result in in you hitting the rumble strips or piling on the brakes. You need to merge with me, not the other way around. I of course will move if I can, but that is not always possible.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Drivers in the D.C. area were in fact pretty courteous. If you signaled, they usually let you change lanes or merge. By contrast, driving in Austin much more resembled a demolition derby. You changed lanes by cutting in front of another vehicle, and hoping the other driver lost their nerve. Or perhaps had a sudden attack of good sense. To this day, you can't navigate Austin traffic without a working middle finger.

All the same, in my first year working in Alexandria, Va. and having about a 21 mile drive from Woodbridge, there were 11 instances of shots being fired by motorists at other vehicles on the stretch of I-95 I drove daily. No fatalities that I recall, or even woundings. But, jeez, people think Texans are crazy?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    LOL

People here seem to forget how this whole onramp thing works.

I DON'T have to let you in front of me, so racing down the merge lane will likely result in in you hitting the rumble strips or piling on the brakes. You need to merge with me, not the other way around. I of course will move if I can, but that is not always possible.

Fuck on ramps, I would love it if that was my only problem. I've got old ladies who speed the wrong way down one way streets and according to them it's not there fault, I've got 18 year olds with 8 tickets claiming the cops are picking on him (Even though 6 of them are him 39 KM + over the Limit) and I've got people who could not figure out the statement "keep right except to pass" if there lives depended on it. I miss Interstates and Euro Highways. In northern Ontario all the drivers are completely unpredictable. Big cities don't scare me at all . It's easy you leave an inch another driver will take it. It's predictable. Up here you never know what the fuck some stupid moron is going to do. Leave and inch they might take it, or leave it, or take 2 feet, Or take it and slam on their brakes.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Fuck on ramps, I would love it if that was my only problem. I've got old ladies who speed the wrong way down one way streets and according to them it's not there fault, I've got 18 year olds with 8 tickets claiming the cops are picking on him (Even though 6 of them are him 39 KM + over the Limit) and I've got people who could not figure out the statement "keep right except to pass" if there lives depended on it. I miss Interstates and Euro Highways. In northern Ontario all the drivers are completely unpredictable. Big cities don't scare me at all . It's easy you leave an inch another driver will take it. It's predictable. Up here you never know what the fuck some stupid moron is going to do. Leave and inch they might take it, or leave it, or take 2 feet, Or take it and slam on their brakes.
    I feel your pain. I'm living in a small town in the Texas Panhandle, and we have a very geriatric population. Totally unpredictable drivers. They might be driving 15 mph in a 40 mile an hour zone, but if you ever start to pass, there's about an even chance they will turn in front of you.

At the other end of the spectrum, we have a lot of kids straight out of High School working at the refinery or in the oil patch, and making a hundred grand a year or better. Of course, their feces stinketh naught, and they tend to be very unpredictable drivers as well. Last year, I was on my way to the grocery store, and I got behind some 20 something who drove at 20 miles an hour in a 40 mile an hour zone for about a half mile. So as soon as the street went to 4 lanes, I passed him. At which point he immediately punched the throttle. Fine, I slowed down, but so did he. OK, I hit the gas, and the next thing I know, we're both doing about 50 in a 40 zone. He got a little nervous, and backed off the gas pedal, so I cut in front of him and administered a brake test. Driving a 91 Suburban means you don't have much to fear from rear end collisions, or much to lose.

The kid passed the brake test, even though he ended up on the shoulder of the street, and I just drove on to the grocery store. When I got out of the truck, this kid had pulled in next to me, and he got out of his truck with his U.T. baseball cap on backward, started making white boy gangsta wannabee signs with his hands, and started saying something like "Yo, man! WTF you thinking! You can't cut me off, mf!"

At that point I decided I would cut him off, so I kicked him in the cojones as hard as I could. He fell right over, and then my evil angel said, "Look! The store has spare ribs on sale!" Anyway, I kicked him in the short ribs a couple of times, then when I went for the third shot, I slipped and twisted my knee. It was hard to get up, and in a sudden attack of sanity, I realized I really wanted to drive across town to our other supermarket for my groceries. So, yes, small town traffic can be a bitch.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 08-05-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    we have them in the Milwaukee area
    not so blue