Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stress can be a Killer

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just to add, for years I used to think everyone had it made and I was the only one with problems. It wasn't until I started getting a little older that I started to realize that everyone has problems. Big problems too, not just little ones. Maybe this comes with age -- like we start to see reality more and more clearly? I call it the "heavy bag". In other words, everyone has a heavy bag they carry around. It's just that each bag has different stuff in it. But we all have one. In a way, once I started to realize this I started to not feel as bad about my problems because I started to realize that I'm not alone and that everyone has it tough. Life is hard. Especially as we get older. But that's what friends and family is for. We all are supportive of each other. Or at least we should be.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Just to add, for years I used to think everyone had it made and I was the only one with problems. It wasn't until I started getting a little older that I started to realize that everyone has problems. Big problems too, not just little ones. Maybe this comes with age -- like we start to see reality more and more clearly? I call it the "heavy bag". In other words, everyone has a heavy bag they carry around. It's just that each bag has different stuff in it. But we all have one. In a way, once I started to realize this I started to not feel as bad about my problems because I started to realize that I'm not alone and that everyone has it tough. Life is hard. Especially as we get older. But that's what friends and family is for. We all are supportive of each other. Or at least we should be.
    Yeah, when I was younger, even when I was divorced, I didn't have many worries. Now Elder Child is in college, Younger Child will be in two years, and I often wish I were about 30 years younger again. But, aside from us all carrying similar burdens, meditation and yoga are great tools to manage stress and focus your mind. These are disciplines that have been used for around 3000 years, and if they weren't effective, they wouldn't be popular today.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here is what I propose
    Everyone here go buy a lotto ticket
    When one of us wins he pays for everyone to spend a weekend in Las Vegas
    That would relieve a lot of stress.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Here is what I propose
    Everyone here go buy a lotto ticket
    When one of us wins he pays for everyone to spend a weekend in Las Vegas
    That would relieve a lot of stress.
    Count me in!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I finally made it home about 3 yesterday afternoon. Daughter made a GREAT pot roast with all the fixings. Life is good.

I've always said don't sweat the small stuff. I've always been told don't worry about things you can't control. But these are easier said than done.

Anyway keep coming up with ideas on how to relieve stress. I like them all!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Seriously, if you get a chance, take a look at that documentary I posted. It's not too long but really is an eye opener. I believe it's on Netflix. If you can't find it, I think I have an MP4 download of it I can send you. Stress is probably the worst possible thing for you. I'd go as far as to say that stress is worse for you than smoking or soda.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ...BUMP...

I've attached a pic ten days after surgery!

As you can see, I'm not grossly overweight. Try not to go overboard in anything. You know, all things in moderation.

As for living in a house, I can be happy in a house or apartment. That really isn't important. What kind of car I drive doesn't matter.

But I've been out on two job interviews that I seriously thought I was a perfect match for. They were both top-notch companies with full bennies. But the interviews didn't go well for some reason. I didn't give them the right answers to their questions. While I thought the interviews went great, I was turned down for both jobs. If I can't get a job that I thought should have been cinch, how can I hope to get the jobs that I'm borderline qualified for?

Anyway, I've been given a HUGE second chance and I'm going to try my best not to throw it away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    What are the three extra cuts for? Did the 24" slice not provide enough access to your insides?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I quit my corporate job at 45, and moved from Virginia back to Texas and started job hunting. I think the reality is that as you age, you are less likely to be hired, despite your job skills and experience. Which is essentially why I own a business now.

On the bright side, you are at least in a pretty vibrant area, so I wouldn't give up quite yet. Two interviews is only two interviews.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Been jobless for 10 months now. I know that stress well. Recently got back into heavy, heavy, serious weight lifting