Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it just me?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm always the one telling people to reboot their things to fix problems. We joke about it at work. Now I'm the one being told to reboot something. LOL
    I'm betting when you unplug it you still see "xfinity" but probably not as strong a signal. They're probably all broadcasting the same SSID, just like I only see 1 SSID in my house even though I have 2 WAP's because I set them the same for ease of roaming through the house.

There are some cool tools you can load on your phone too that would let you see each individual WAP signal, unplug your modem and watch to see if one of them disappear.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Right. Everyone is contributing to the "xfinity" signal I believe. So if I shut down my modem it won't really make any difference. They are just using your unused bandwidth. It's just the principle of the matter. Just because my car is parked in from of where I work doesn't mean Toyota can hand it out for people to use during the day.

Also I started using this cool tool on the MBPr. It's called, "iStumbler". There's many others. Pretty good stuff. On Windows there is inSSIDer.