Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Stewart involved in fatal accident in New York race

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Mostly I agree that they guy was stupid for getting out of the car and approaching, however there are 2 key things to keep in mind. First, it was under yellow flag at this point so the cars should not be racing and more importantly if you listen to the video you can most definitely hear Stewart guns his engine when get gets close to Ward. I'm guessing his intention was to fling a little mud on him and he ended up getting closer than he meant to. I think both parties are at fault here and to put all of this on Ward is BS imho.
    Exactly. Two people made bad decisions, not one.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I don't see anything in the video that suggests Stewart deliberately hit Ward. It looks to me as though he were trying to avoid him, and may have over corrected as he drifted through the turn. Ward should have stayed in the car, and the kind of grand standing bullshit that he tried to pull off is likely to get you killed on the street as well as a racetrack. Definitely a Darwin Award Finalist.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I don't see anything in the video that suggests Stewart deliberately hit Ward. It looks to me as though he were trying to avoid him, and may have over corrected as he drifted through the turn. Ward should have stayed in the car, and the kind of grand standing bullshit that he tried to pull off is likely to get you killed on the street as well as a racetrack. Definitely a Darwin Award Finalist.
    Watch it again and turn your sound up, Stewart most definitely guns the motor when he's beside him.

Not to mention Stewart could have went lower on the track to avoid him, don't forget this isn't you or I driving this car, Stewart is a professional who was driving at a much slower speed than normal, he had complete ability to control that car.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Watch it again and turn your sound up, Stewart most definitely guns the motor when he's beside him.

Not to mention Stewart could have went lower on the track to avoid him, don't forget this isn't you or I driving this car, Stewart is a professional who was driving at a much slower speed than normal, he had complete ability to control that car.
    Maybe, but I'm still not seeing it. Look, this is one of those rare times when I don't want to give anybody grief, but it's way too easy to second guess this stuff.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Whether or not you turn the sound up, remember the guy taking the video is in the stands. On the other side of the track. And so he's recording sound that is closer to him and sounds louder.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I wonder if there is any other footage? I mean, I'm sure there must be. Just a matter of producing it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I wonder if there is any other footage? I mean, I'm sure there must be. Just a matter of producing it.
    The local authorities are asking fans to make available any footage they may have. More will probably come forward but given that it is a small track with limited lighting and most of the people sitting on the same side of the track, probably nothing dramatically different will come forward.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    "Only Tony knows exactly what happened. I saw him clear as day. Nobody else ran into him": Driver who was in deadly NASCAR race speaks out about Tony Stewart as the controversial champ skips a second sprint
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er_dailymailus