Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE CompTIA Certification starting August 11

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Well, I took the exam. But they don't give the results since it's a beta. They will spend time analyzing it and sent me the results later it said. However, the test felt pretty basic and pretty easy and I think I did well. Curious to see what the score is though. Hopefully they will send it soon.
    I'm not sure how that will work. People are allowed to schedule the test for a month into the future. But what happens if they meet their quota in a week? Will they move on with their analysis and give us the results or will they wait until all the scheduled people have had a chance to take the test. I assume the former but who knows?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I'm not sure how that will work. People are allowed to schedule the test for a month into the future. But what happens if they meet their quota in a week? Will they move on with their analysis and give us the results or will they wait until all the scheduled people have had a chance to take the test. I assume the former but who knows?
    Yeah, hard to say. I have so many questions though. Something strange about the fact that 1> it's free and 2> it's so easy. Almost like they are using us as guinea pigs to try out a new thing for them. Second, it's online. Is it really that tough to produce an immediate score? They should've made the scoring rules more clear from the beginning.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, hard to say. I have so many questions though. Something strange about the fact that 1> it's free and 2> it's so easy. Almost like they are using us as guinea pigs to try out a new thing for them. Second, it's online. Is it really that tough to produce an immediate score? They should've made the scoring rules more clear from the beginning.
    1. It's free because it is a beta. They need you to take the test so they can examine how you answered the questions, what comments you made etc. Think of this as being similar to Microsoft giving you a free copy of Windows 9 beta in return for you giving them some feedback.

2. Yes, it is easy. They previously came out with several different "Strata" tests. Not all are still around. This one remains but in the new version they are dropping the word Strata and it will simply be known at IT Fundamentals. I think of it as a watered down A+ certification. This test could be a good first step for people who want to get into IT but know nothing about it yet. It could also be a good test for managers who know nothing about IT but have IT technicians working for them. This material would teach them just enough so that technicians no longer sound like they are speaking a foreign language.

Second. Yes, it is online. Would you have taken time out of your busy day to drive over to Pearson VUE to take it? They need the results to study ASAP. Allowing people the option of taking it at home/work makes it easier and therefore they will get results sooner.

Second again. No, it would not be tough to give you a score immediately. The problem is, they have not yet decided what the pass/fail will be. Also, they may end up throwing some questions out based on feedback. Rather than giving you an immediate score and then putting a giant asterisk next to it, they are going to make you wait a month. Yes, they could have made the scoring rules more clear from the beginning but who cares? Most of the people who take this beta will be IT professionals who will pass it with great ease. Yes, we need to wait a month for out score but what we really will end up learning is not whether or not we passed but rather how close to perfect we came.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think it took me a half an hour to take it this morning.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I registered but haven't taken it yet. Might give it a go on my lunch break today or when I get home tonight, no way I can guarantee that long uninterrupted during the work day otherwise.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    1. It's free because it is a beta. They need you to take the test so they can examine how you answered the questions, what comments you made etc. Think of this as being similar to Microsoft giving you a free copy of Windows 9 beta in return for you giving them some feedback.

2. Yes, it is easy. They previously came out with several different "Strata" tests. Not all are still around. This one remains but in the new version they are dropping the word Strata and it will simply be known at IT Fundamentals. I think of it as a watered down A+ certification. This test could be a good first step for people who want to get into IT but know nothing about it yet. It could also be a good test for managers who know nothing about IT but have IT technicians working for them. This material would teach them just enough so that technicians no longer sound like they are speaking a foreign language.

Second. Yes, it is online. Would you have taken time out of your busy day to drive over to Pearson VUE to take it? They need the results to study ASAP. Allowing people the option of taking it at home/work makes it easier and therefore they will get results sooner.

Second again. No, it would not be tough to give you a score immediately. The problem is, they have not yet decided what the pass/fail will be. Also, they may end up throwing some questions out based on feedback. Rather than giving you an immediate score and then putting a giant asterisk next to it, they are going to make you wait a month. Yes, they could have made the scoring rules more clear from the beginning but who cares? Most of the people who take this beta will be IT professionals who will pass it with great ease. Yes, we need to wait a month for out score but what we really will end up learning is not whether or not we passed but rather how close to perfect we came.
    Thanks. That's all makes sense.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks. That's all makes sense.
    I usually only make sense about once a day so you must have caught me at a good time.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I just took the test; took me about 40 minutes. Fairly easy too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    I just took the test; took me about 40 minutes. Fairly easy too.
    Same here.
    Some questions were weird with unrelated answer choices.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So did anyone get their score yet?