Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evernote is awesome!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I have a couple of users that have the pro versions (i5 / i7) and LOVE them. They throw them on a dock and operate it as a decently powered pc and then also take it out on the road where it's got more power than any other tablet out there.
    That's pretty much the plan with the surfaces we're testing out now.

I have onenote on it, but I just don't have anything to take notes about to test it. I use a steno pad when on the phone to make notes. Using onenote to do this would actually be more difficult because I'm using the computer for other tasks.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I have a couple of users that have the pro versions (i5 / i7) and LOVE them. They throw them on a dock and operate it as a decently powered pc and then also take it out on the road where it's got more power than any other tablet out there.
    I wonder if they use OneNote much on them? In other words, do they seem to have any interest in writing on them with the pen? I'm trying to gauge how valuable it is for people to be able to interface with their device by writing on it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    That's pretty much the plan with the surfaces we're testing out now.

I have onenote on it, but I just don't have anything to take notes about to test it. I use a steno pad when on the phone to make notes. Using onenote to do this would actually be more difficult because I'm using the computer for other tasks.
    What about if you have a meeting or something. How do you normally take notes? Or what about if you want to save a article you saw on the web? Do you have any interest in saving that article? If so, how do you do it?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry for all the questions by the way. This is just the journalist in me trying to understand some things.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    What about if you have a meeting or something. How do you normally take notes? Or what about if you want to save a article you saw on the web? Do you have any interest in saving that article? If so, how do you do it?
    The vast majority of my meetings are over the internet using either gotomeeting or google hangouts. Since I'm using the computer to connect to the meeting and normally look at a presentation or someone else's computer screen, I still use pen/paper to make notes if I need them.

I normally don't save articles. If there is a website or article that I want to return to, I bookmark it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Sorry for all the questions by the way. This is just the journalist in me trying to understand some things.
    That's fine. I don't have any problems answering questions.

Salespeople might have a better use for onenote than I do. Considering how the pen/stylus has a button that opens directly to onenote, I could see a salesperson using it to takes notes about clients and such. If/when I hook up another monitor to the docking station, I might try having onenote open on the tablet screen with a meeting open on the second monitor. Of course, then I'll be writing on it while it's in the dock instead of while it's flat. Don't know how easy that will be.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No matter how advanced our technology gets, still nothing really beats pen/paper at the end of the day.