Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evernote is awesome!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've used it before. I would take notes about Blake's baseball games and enter things the kids did that I wanted to remember. Sort of like a diary about my kids. I fell out of habit and haven't really used it again.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    We use OneNote extensively here at work. I can't say I'm thrilled about it as it tends to transform everything into a pile of sheets. [pun intended]

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    We use OneNote extensively here at work. I can't say I'm thrilled about it as it tends to transform everything into a pile of sheets. [pun intended]
    While OneNote may be a little clunky, there's Outlook to serve as a standard for comparison
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here's an example of why I like it. I have to update the website and have a meeting with my boss about some of the updates. There is a PDF that is about 10 pages of written stuff to go over. So instead of printing paper and drawing on the paper, I can annotate right on the screen. It's just little things like that that I find really helpful.

That said, this is an area where Windows 8 + Surface + OneNote really excels. I mean, I haven't actually tried it so not sure how well it works but from what I've seen you can annotate stuff very nicely on a Surface using OneNote. So if I was going to say something positive about Surface, it would definitely be that.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I mean, I haven't actually tried it so not sure how well it works but from what I've seen you can annotate stuff very nicely on a Surface using OneNote.
    It does indeed work very well. And when you drag a PDF into a sheet it will become a searchable document - will even do OCR for you. And all of you can make notes at the same time and they will be added.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It does indeed work very well. And when you drag a PDF into a sheet it will become a searchable document - will even do OCR for you. And all of you can make notes at the same time and they will be added.
    Are you using a Surface with OneNote?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No, regular PC or laptop.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No, regular PC or laptop.
    Oh ok. I was wondering if you were using it at work or something. I always read about these things and watch Youtube videos about it but the most valuable thing to me is hearing peoples first hand experience with them. Seems like the features are great but I've been wondering if it gets laggy or crashes or if there are any problems, etc.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Seems like the features are great but I've been wondering if it gets laggy or crashes or if there are any problems, etc.
    Haven't had any issue with it. Seems to be a very robust product and we frequently access the files via wifi (especially in conference rooms). I have 2010 on my PC and 2013 on the laptop.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh ok. I was wondering if you were using it at work or something. I always read about these things and watch Youtube videos about it but the most valuable thing to me is hearing peoples first hand experience with them. Seems like the features are great but I've been wondering if it gets laggy or crashes or if there are any problems, etc.
    I have a couple of users that have the pro versions (i5 / i7) and LOVE them. They throw them on a dock and operate it as a decently powered pc and then also take it out on the road where it's got more power than any other tablet out there.