Thread: GPT Drives and Malware Removal

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

GPT Drives and Malware Removal

I'm finding that GPT drives present some unique difficulties for malware removal. Sure, you can run most common removal tools (unfortunately still no ComboFix for Win 8.x) but these are often not as effective as running offline scans with something like Kaspersky Rescue Disk, or connecting the drive to a another computer via a USB adapter and scanning.

Kaspersky Rescue 10 doesn't support GPT drives; it only recognizes the protected MBR on the drive. The USB adapter I have also doesn't work correctly with GPT drives. The drive and all it's partitions are invisible in Computer, though I can see the drive in Disk Management. So, more and more often, I'm having to go with the Nuclear Option and do full system recoveries or format and reload. Just wondering if any of y'all had found more effective tools, or how you are handling this issue.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    This is a really great, timely topic you are posting. I was just reading about how the Microsoft store that you get apps from within Windows 8 is full of scam apps and other bad stuff. So it's especially important to know how to deal with this sort of thing.

link: http://www.howtogeek.com/194993/the-...icrosoft-care/