Thread: Wife broke her ankle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Still swollen, and it is a break in the anterior potion of the Distal Talus bone. It still hurts, too. They are going to take x-rays again Tuesday.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Still swollen, and it is a break in the anterior potion of the Distal Talus bone. It still hurts, too. They are going to take x-rays again Tuesday.
    Is she elevating her ankle? Elevating means lying down and raising the foot up for 40 minutes at a time. Toes above the nose. When I first started my injury, I would sit in a chair with my ankle propped up. It wasn't enough and the swelling stayed and even got worse sometimes. It sucks to do that but it is necessary. Once I started doing that type of elevation the swelling began to go down pretty quickly. Also is she eating plenty of protein? When I had my ankle situation they recommended carnation instant breakfast. But I didn't want that so I just ate a sh*t load of eggs. Not very healthy but things started healing right up as soon as I was doing that. Also, I used to wear some compression socks. Nike has some good ones at the sporting goods store. Although docotr might have a different thing he'd rather her wear. But either way, compression and elevation are key to recovering.

Hopefully the x-rays have some good news. And yeah, it's going to hurt for awhile. Is she on pain medication? For mine they put me on Norco. But after about 3 weeks I felt like I was starting to get a little addicted to them so I stopped using them and switched to Advil. Although Advil is horrible for the kidneys.
    Last edited by Webhead; 08-22-2014 at 06:27 PM.