Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife broke her ankle

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ankle injuries are tough that's for sure. Heck, even a sprained ankle can be difficult to deal with. We rely so heavily on our knees and ankles to get around. It'll all work out.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Good news! Everything is healing apace, and she now just has a "post-op shoe", instead of a splint. She is doing remarkably well, and it looks like I won't have to spend nearly as much time waiting on her. She gets around really well all of a sudden, and since there are no steps in the house, it is safe and relatively easy for her to do what she needs to. I still have her on "light duty", but it is not the same as bed rest, to be certain!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    alright! love the good news!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Good news! Everything is healing apace, and she now just has a "post-op shoe", instead of a splint. She is doing remarkably well, and it looks like I won't have to spend nearly as much time waiting on her. She gets around really well all of a sudden, and since there are no steps in the house, it is safe and relatively easy for her to do what she needs to. I still have her on "light duty", but it is not the same as bed rest, to be certain!
    Glad things are going well. My wife is doing very well recovering from her fractured tibia, in spite of ignoring all of her doctor's instructions. She doesn't take her pain meds or her anti-inflammatory, she won't wear the really nice leg brace she was prescribed, and she's stopped using her crutches about 2 weeks earlier than the doctor suggested. Last night she told me, "my leg doesn't hurt much now, but my foot is still killing me." The foot pain was news to me, so I asked if it been hurting ever since her accident, and she told me it had. So I suggested that maybe she should have had her foot x-rayed at the same time as her leg. Her response was, "I forgot."
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Glad to hear things are improving.

Other than this accident, how are things going down there? I must feel kind of strange after so many years in Fairbanks.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That's great news! That's amazing how quickly things turned around too. Awesome!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Awesome! Not too often things mend quicker than expected, congrats!!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Glad to hear things are improving.

Other than this accident, how are things going down there? I must feel kind of strange after so many years in Fairbanks.
    Well, the law here is whatever you pay for it to be. Takes some getting used to.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Well, the law here is whatever you pay for it to be. Takes some getting used to.
    Well, that's kinda provocative. Care to expand on that post?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    In the meantime, my wife has been ignoring her doctor's instructions for the last couple of weeks, and a follow up visit to her orthopedist and a new x-ray suggest that her fracture has gotten worse, The doc wants her to check into the hospital next week so he can put a couple of screws into her shin to close the fracture. I already told her that I've got an 18 Volt DeWalt drill and some 2 inch stainless steel screws, so we don't need an orthopedic surgeon, but she's still planning on professional surgery.

I think I'm still paying off my wife's hip replacement, and Younger Child needed $7000 braces plus some oral surgery. Every month I get medical bills, and I just write checks for what I can afford. I still keep pushing the DeWalt and a bottle of Cuervo Gold option, but I don't see it going anywhere.
    WIFFLEBALL!