Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux distros

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    For what it is worth, this is what I am running on. http://www.pcworld.com/product/44873...-10-black.html

Not exactly a powerhouse
    Will it take an SSD? If so, and if you can afford it,.. I would highly recommend it. Night and day difference in performance.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Will it take an SSD? If so, and if you can afford it,.. I would highly recommend it. Night and day difference in performance.
    I am sure it would, but since I did not pay anything for it, it sort of became a toy that I don't want to spend money on

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Maybe I was asleep when this thread was current, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned Mint. Particularly Mint Cinnamon.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Maybe I was asleep when this thread was current, but I'm surprised nobody mentioned Mint. Particularly Mint Cinnamon.
    Well sure. There's Mint and then there's all these: http://futurist.se/gldt/wp-content/u...0/gldt1210.png

Or why not Kali?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I ran mint once for a bit and didn't see any real big advantages/differences to it over others.........but that was probably 6-8 years ago at this point so who knows?
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think was popular in the tech blogs for a minute years ago because it had a prettier interface than the others. Otherwise, under the hood it's just Ubuntu.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I think was popular in the tech blogs for a minute years ago because it had a prettier interface than the others. Otherwise, under the hood it's just Ubuntu.
    That's what I had found when I installed it. Not enough differences from what I could see (other than eye candy) to make it worth deviating from Ubuntu (especially with Ubuntu having such a wide support structure).
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I am running it now. Just loaded it. A year later of course.

I like it. I dumped Ubuntu for it on my primary machine. Ubuntu is one my backup laptop and CentOS is on my backup backup laptop. Really enjoying having access to some of my steam games on linux. I still have not finished loading Win 10 yet
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."