Thread: Yet Another MUST HAVE Bit of Technology

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Yet Another MUST HAVE Bit of Technology

Hey, tired of how long it takes you to get totally hammered when you drink? Don't you have days when you just can't slam the tequila shots down fast enough? Well, worry no more! Now there is Vapshot! http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/video...ohol-vaporizer
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    LOL. That was a funny bit. Scary at the same time to think that something like this exists. Isn't there like a powdered alcohol too? Amazing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    LOL. That was a funny bit. Scary at the same time to think that something like this exists. Isn't there like a powdered alcohol too? Amazing.
    One of the things that makes me laugh about the video, is that the product is shown alongside of a fifth of Grey Goose Vodka. Wouldn't a half gallon of Everclear be more appropriate?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    One of the things that makes me laugh about the video, is that the product is shown alongside of a fifth of Grey Goose Vodka. Wouldn't a half gallon of Everclear be more appropriate?
    Oh great,... now you are going to make me tell my Everclear story. LOL. So back in maybe 1988/89ish, I was with a friend. I was probably about 16 years old. We were going to this guys house to buy weed. We got there and went into the house. And by the way, this weed was for my friend, not me. I was always around weed but never smoked it much. I've always been more of a drinker. Anyway, one of the things that I used to find annoying about going somewhere to score weed is that it was never a simple, in and out procedure. You always had to hang out, smoke some with the seller, and blah blah. Totally annoying because I always had to explain that I didn't smoke. And I always just wanted to leave because it was always so shady and lame. But I did drink alcohol and at the time was drinking tons of Jack Daniels. So I was into hard alcohol and always was down for a shot. The guy offered us some Everclear. "C'mon man, you guys gotta try this!". So of course I tried it. Guy pours a couple shot glasses and we all count and do our shot.

Holy Shit!!!! 190 proof Everclear. It was like taking a shot of pure gasoline. I will never forget that feeling. Like drinking liquid fire. But hotter. Much hotter. Freaking crazy!!! But I did it. Not a good feeling though. If I remember correctly, I was instantly drunk from that stuff. So I don't remember much after that.

That was the first shot of Everclear I ever did. And the last.
    Last edited by Webhead; 08-31-2014 at 06:46 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think I did something similar a time or two was and I young and foolish. I still buy a lot of Everclear; I prefer it as a solvent in place high purity isopropyl.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I thought it was illegal to buy this in the United States but it looks like it is only prohibited in certain states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_%28alcohol%29

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Everclear isn't sold in PA anymore, I know that. Anyhow, it was my alcohol of choice in college. I ran into it when we made jungle juice one weekend and I fell in love. Me and a roomate would split a 5th every week, it was like $12 at the time so for $6 each we had our booze every week. I'd mix it with iced tea mostly, sometimes with punch, etc. - whatever I could find. After a while we graduated to each needing our own bottle each week, but I probably drank grain for a solid year before I started to slow down on it some.

:goodtimes:
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hey, tired of how long it takes you to get totally hammered when you drink? ...[/url]
    Um, no.

Lately, 1 drink is all I need. My body does not approve of my alcohol consumption and has an active rebellion each time I have more than a couple.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    Um, no.

Lately, 1 drink is all I need. My body does not approve of my alcohol consumption and has an active rebellion each time I have more than a couple.
    Well, I wish that were true in my case. Not to get too specific, but a shot or two of tequila doesn't even give me a buzz. I haven't lived a very upright and moral life.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, I wish that were true in my case. Not to get too specific, but a shot or two of tequila doesn't even give me a buzz. I haven't lived a very upright and moral life.
    Or, as I like to say, my liver has developed a lot of rough er. I have built up a tolerance myself, which is why my body rebels, actively, if I try to get a buzz. ;-)