Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I use Google products because they are not vulnerable to security problems <NOT>

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I use Google products because they are not vulnerable to security problems <NOT>

Of course I have to make this thread to counter the passive aggressive Apple hating thread.

So there's this: http://bgr.com/2014/09/10/gmail-hack-how-to-find-out/

It's a few days old but I didn't think to make a thread about it. Anyway, 5 million passwords leaked. Oops! Thing is, I just wanted to make sure we all know that security breaches are not just an Apple problem.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Thing is, I just wanted to make sure we all know that security breaches are not just an Apple problem.
    Very true!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Someone is butthurt

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Of course I have to make this thread to counter the passive aggressive Apple hating thread.

So there's this: http://bgr.com/2014/09/10/gmail-hack-how-to-find-out/

It's a few days old but I didn't think to make a thread about it. Anyway, 5 million passwords leaked. Oops! Thing is, I just wanted to make sure we all know that security breaches are not just an Apple problem.
    So where is the security breach? Has anyone confirmed that they were taken from Google and not from dumb users via phishing scams?
    Do you have any idea how many idiots there are out there? Why do you think the Nigerian scam is still going on?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    So where is the security breach? Has anyone confirmed that they were taken from Google and not from dumb users via phishing scams?
    Do you have any idea how many idiots there are out there? Why do you think the Nigerian scam is still going on?
    True enough, but I think 5 million hijacked passwords probably isn't 5 million bozos having individual passwords stolen.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I thought the same thing at first -- that it's just FUD. But it turns out even Google admits that a problem happened. They won't admit the severity and are trying to either pass or share the blame. But either way, a leak did happen.

link: http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot...ord-dumps.html

And by the way, just because you aren't still getting emails from Nigeria doesn't mean the scams aren't still on their way. Trust me, that will never die. We might not be seeing it right now but they are always working on a new method.
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-15-2014 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Someone is butthurt
    LOL. Ok. So if it's an Apple breach then we are all on top of that one. But if it's a Google breach, then I'm just "butthurt". Ooookkk! Sure. Whatever you say.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    LOL. Ok. So if it's an Apple breach then we are all on top of that one. But if it's a Google breach, then I'm just "butthurt". Ooookkk! Sure. Whatever you say.
    I put in my opinion on online storage on that thread...it it was not Apple specific.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I put in my opinion on online storage on that thread...it it was not Apple specific.
    That's true. Actually all the comments in the thread were pretty fair (which surprised me to be honest). I thought for sure that thread was going to turn into an Apple bashing thread. But it never did. And this thread is not meant to bash Google. I just have to make sure the other side of the topic is presented.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I think a real concern is possibly "Does anyone doing cloud storage care about customers data security?" Sure everyone says it matters, but I wonder if there aren't bean counters at all of these companies constantly running evaluations of the costs of lost business and liability exposure versus the cost of better security measures. Anyway, I think the thread has had a clear consensus on the risks of cloud storage, but I couldn't resist another dig.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!