Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
So a while back I got wind of a promotion to get a free wireless router if you attend a webinar. Later find out the thing is worth almost a grand. We now use it as our main wireless in our corporate office. The unit is pretty damn cool, but I doubt I would be able to convince my partners to spend the money to buy more.

https://meraki.cisco.com/
/agree

Cisco stuff is great assuming you get the right product for the right job. Ex: the old 1100 AP that only did G, we have a huge building and they wanted the ability of 2-3 3300's per floor and a controller, but sprung for 2 1100's for each floor. When that didn't work, we scrapped them and got what we needed in the 1st darned place. Now that said, some sites using the 800 series SB routers (think similar to better hardware than a linksys with real cisco IOS ability) with wifi were getting crappy reception as nursing homes are frequently ancient and are forts vs WIFI. Stick an 1100 POS in that office and lo and behold it was the best thing ever.

All about getting the right tool for the job. Shame Cisco costs so dammed much. Honestly one day someone will come along with a similar product and much cheaper prices that will topple that empire, but they will probably just buy them.