Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shellshock bash vulnerability

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    OS X isn't based on any Linux variant; it's a spin off of BSD Unix. As for "gaining in popularity:" I'd say Android is eating Apple for a snack.
    Yes, I made a mistake by referring to it as Linux instead of BSD Unix. Thank you for pointing that out. Now that we have that cleared up, how is this conversation different? In other words, what was the importance of correcting me on that?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yes, I made a mistake by referring to it as Linux instead of BSD Unix. Thank you for pointing that out. Now that we have that cleared up, how is this conversation different? In other words, what was the importance of correcting me on that?
    It was a cheap shot, Bubba, but I just couldn't resist. Since you seem to be a fairly new Apple convert, I feel compelled to gig you now and again. On the other hand, since you're one of the few forum members who is sorta near the same end of the political spectrum as I am, I don't really want to piss you off too much. Sorry, but much of my sense of humor is sarcastic and sometimes aggressive. It's also been observed that I tend to have an "assholier than thou" attitude. Please don't take most of what I say personally.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    It was a cheap shot, Bubba, but I just couldn't resist. Since you seem to be a fairly new Apple convert, I feel compelled to gig you now and again. On the other hand, since you're one of the few forum members who is sorta near the same end of the political spectrum as I am, I don't really want to piss you off too much. Sorry, but much of my sense of humor is sarcastic and sometimes aggressive. It's also been observed that I tend to have an "assholier than thou" attitude. Please don't take most of what I say personally.
    Oh man, you are too much. Ok first, I'm not an "Apple convert". Although people here, people IRL, people everywhere lately seem to think I'm a total "Apple guy" so I guess that must be how I come across to people. I'm really not though, I swear. Unless I'm just in denial and don't know it? I mean, if someone made something better than iPhone or MacBook Pro then please show me because I'm just not seeing it. As for politics, the way I see it is that if we all had the same views, then life would be pretty boring. I appreciate that we all have different views on life and matters at hand. So when it comes to political beliefs, I'll be just as good of friends with a hard core tea party conservative as I will with a extreme liberal hippy. It's all good to me. Doesn't mean we won't disagree on things though. Also, I'm a Howard Stern fan. I believe in being honest and telling it like it is. Calling it like i see it. So as long as you are being honest and genuine, then you'll always have my respect (for whatever that's worth). I don't want people to try and sugarcoat things and just tell me what they think I want to hear. That's so transparent and so lame. But I also appreciate when some thought is put into something and it's not just regurgitated stuff you hear in the media hyperbole. I like hearing or talking about new takes on things.

All that said, I'm really regretting posting in this thread now. I mean, to be perfectly honest, my first post was just a polite little innocuous thread contribution. It was one of those things where you just have this reaction that comes to mind and you post it and forget about it. Now all of a sudden I'm trapped in this vortex where evidently I'm missing points, don't know the difference between UNIX and Linux and I'm a crazy obsesses Apple fanboy. Yeeesh!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, that seemed a little excessive. But on a personal level are you and I OK?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah of course. Everything is all good man. No worries.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    ... I'm not an "Apple convert". Although people here, people IRL, people everywhere lately seem to think I'm a total "Apple guy" so I guess that must be how I come across to people. I'm really not though, I swear. Unless I'm just in denial ...
    Yes, Webby, you are living on that River in Egypt. :-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    Yes, Webby, you are living on that River in Egypt. :-)
    Oh you!