Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think again before running on the field at Ohio State

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Now that's a just punishment. Code of ethics I'm sure requires a kid to keep his nose clean and grades up, or they can pull a scholarship. That said, you can bet this kid is going to go after the Coach/school for civil action that would amount to at least his tuition for the remainder of his degree...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    Now that's a just punishment. Code of ethics I'm sure requires a kid to keep his nose clean and grades up, or they can pull a scholarship. That said, you can bet this kid is going to go after the Coach/school for civil action that would amount to at least his tuition for the remainder of his degree...
    Can't agree. I've seen schools turn a blind eye to more serious stuff. Back in 70 and 71 when I went to U.T. and we had a string of national championships, anybody playing varsity football could get away with just about anything. Had a buddy that had his head grazed with a brick that our second string quarterback tossed at him because his hair was too long. Campus cops really encouraged us to keep our mouths shut. Guess my friend was lucky that the guy who tossed the brick was second string.

Still, I'm not sure the kid did anything that should have cost him a scholarship. I'm struggling pretty hard right now to get Elder Child through college, and I'm grateful for every dollar of grant money and scholarship she gets. The idea that she might get cut off for a minute or two of stupid truly cuts me the wrong way.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    Guaranteed, it gets thrown out. He will take his punishment and eat it. The Ohio State University sticks it to you, you do not stick it to The Ohio State University.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    We don't mess around at Ohio State - poor stupid kid, maybe next time he will make a better decision! That coach did him a solid.