Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best World Series in ages!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Best World Series in ages!

I know there are not many baseball fans in here, but just the same, that series was awesome! Both of those teams played really great until the very end, and nothing was a forgone conclusion until the final out was made.

Congratulations to the Giants!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh man,... that was the best ever! MadBum is the man! A living legend. I got my Giants t-shirts ordered and super stoked at the moment. 3 time champs. w00t! And KC played phenomenally! And boy what a class act they are. Every team should learn a lesson of how to act like true classy sportsman by watching how KC does it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That was an awesome series, although I really wanted the Giants to lose. Oh well, they deserved to win, they played great.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I saw a few innings but that's it. I don't usually hold a grudge but the one exception is baseball. There were several strikes in the '80's and '90's and decided I had had enough. Conveniently, in 1994, minor league baseball came to Grand Rapids. I have seen only a tiny amount of major league baseball since. I hope most people are more forgiving than me though. Somebody has to support major league baseball because without it, there would be no minor league baseball.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I only heard bits and pieces of the games on the radio. Mostly, I just had to view the highlights. Sucky way to see baseball. All the same, it was an exciting series. Giants are certainly on a roll.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I saw a few innings but that's it. I don't usually hold a grudge but the one exception is baseball. There were several strikes in the '80's and '90's and decided I had had enough. Conveniently, in 1994, minor league baseball came to Grand Rapids. I have seen only a tiny amount of major league baseball since. I hope most people are more forgiving than me though. Somebody has to support major league baseball because without it, there would be no minor league baseball.
    I became sour to MLB too. The strike in 1997 is what did it for me. I was a fan growing up but not that big of a fan to hang in there for that. Also what really sealed the deal for me was the steroid use. Every game was turning into a homerun competition. So boring. So I lost interest. But over the years, they seem to have weeded out the steroids, the players are very solid now, the league seems to be in good order and things seem good so my interest has slowly been restored. Especially since they built that AT&T park years ago (formerly Pac-bell Park). What a great place to hang and watch a game or see a concert. Also, later into the 2010 season when the Giants had such a scrappy group of underdog players making things happen it started becoming fun to watch again. But ya never know. If there's another strike then I might be out for good. In the meantime, it's good to be an SF Giants fan these days.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I only heard bits and pieces of the games on the radio. Mostly, I just had to view the highlights. Sucky way to see baseball. All the same, it was an exciting series. Giants are certainly on a roll.
    I know what you mean. Game 6 was played on Tuesday and I had class until 7pm. Then there is a wall of traffic to get home. So I was rushing over to work and just watching on my iPad. And that worked for most of the post-season until the WS. For that they made you sign up for mlb.com which I was NOT going to do. So I get to work, I didn't have a radio, couldn't find a place to stream neither the audio nor the video online and wasn't sure what to do. Then I remembered I had Sirius on my phone. So had to listen that way. Didn't matter anyways because the Giants were getting creamed during game 6. But yeah, listening to the audio only pretty much sucks.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I really enjoyed watching the Series. Any series that goes the full 7 games is pretty exciting and this one didn't fail in that category. Most people were tired of seeing the Giants back in it again...just like people tired of the Yankees always being there. But the Giants earned this one just like all the others. Kudos to them.

I used to listen to the WS as a kid on the AM radio way back in the mid 1960's and Bob Gibson had set the standard for pitchers. He won games in the '64, '67 and '68 Series. He struck out 17 batters in the '68 Series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Gibson
    But this Madison Bumgarner, at only 25, has set another standard. Awesome!

As for souring from the strikes, the NFL has had strikes, lockouts and even the refs going on strike. But their popularity seems to get only higher each year.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Good point about the NFL. I will say this though,.. my interest in the NFL has been slipping a little. Now don't get me wrong, I love the game but there's so many things not to like about the actions of the league and many of the players. You have these grown adult men beating animals, family members, shooting themselves, shooting at things, DUI's and various rape and battery situations. Then the league itself never takes any real responsibility, they are a gazillion dollar a year entity that basically pays no taxes by calling itself a "non-profit". There's much more but just rattling off some of the things are the top of my thoughts. Just thinking about all these things really makes the game harder and harder to watch. I feel like a sucker watching this game. Like these greedy fat cats are profiting off the misery of the players and the fans and I'm contributing to it by continuing to watch. It's hard though. Been a 49ers fan since around 1977 when I was just 5 years old. The game, the players the league,... it was all so much different back then. So not sure what to do.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Good point about the NFL. I will say this though,.. my interest in the NFL has been slipping a little. Now don't get me wrong, I love the game but there's so many things not to like about the actions of the league and many of the players. You have these grown adult men beating animals, family members, shooting themselves, shooting at things, DUI's and various rape and battery situations. Then the league itself never takes any real responsibility, they are a gazillion dollar a year entity that basically pays no taxes by calling itself a "non-profit". There's much more but just rattling off some of the things are the top of my thoughts. Just thinking about all these things really makes the game harder and harder to watch. I feel like a sucker watching this game. Like these greedy fat cats are profiting off the misery of the players and the fans and I'm contributing to it by continuing to watch. It's hard though. Been a 49ers fan since around 1977 when I was just 5 years old. The game, the players the league,... it was all so much different back then. So not sure what to do.
    National Felon's League.