Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: JOB JOB JOB!!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    How's "Network and PC Support Professional" sound??
    Much better.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh, um, this may sound dumb, but I need to make a backup of the image file to one of my HDD's. Do I need to do anything special, or just copy/paste the files to a folder? I think the stick uses PE for boot to the stick, and then gives the options for imaging after. If I needed to make a spare (which ain't gonna happen because my largest memory stick is 8gb and the image alone is almost 11gb) due to loss or breakage of the one they sent, I take it I can just use the files from backup and create a new stick using those files? I've done this like one time to make an XP installer, which was awesome until the stick died.

Anyway, should I be grabbing some freeware used to make images or some crap off the web while I have time to do so?
    Clonezilla for making images. It's open source, so it's free.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    There's always this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/...-in-windows-7/

No additional things need to be downloaded/installed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Dropbox is also supported by MS Office now as well as its own One Drive storage

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    You might need to make a bootable stick if they gave you an ISO. There is a free utility from MS.
    Cool, TY!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    If you need some free storage, MS OneDrive, DropBox are reasonable alternatives.
    Using googledrive on all my devices now. not shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Much better.
    Danka.

Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Clonezilla for making images. It's open source, so it's free.
    Will check it out. TY.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So busy now. Lots of, do my job, their network is uber slow after X o'clock (after noon time and you can't start until say 10am), wait, wait, getting paid to wait, getting paid to play chess on my phone and be beaten badly by the phone...

Scheduled most of the sites, but if their network slowness and issues continue, there's no way I'll be able to complete this on time. I emailed my tech contacts asking if anyone was working on these issues with the network to do my due diligence and ensure someone was aware. I wanted to put in longer hours today, but was unable due to complications last night and today.

Right now, it's become super difficult to try and keep up with any sort of replies to recruiters via email as I don't have internet connection all day and by the time i'm home and fed, i'm ready for bed. last night i literally fell asleep putting in my time sheet. it's a good thing though.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 11-14-2014 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm also using Amazon for some cloud storage as well as OneDrive for my personal stuff that isn't too sensitive. I'll admit DropBox seems to hacked a bit too often, but it's also a large target. Google, frankly, makes me nervous about the personal info they collect, so I avoid most of their services.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So busy now. Lots of, do my job, their network is uber slow after X o'clock (after noon time and you can't start until say 10am), wait, wait, getting paid to wait, getting paid to play chess on my phone and be beaten badly by the phone...

Scheduled most of the sites, but if their network slowness and issues continue, there's no way I'll be able to complete this on time. I emailed my tech contacts asking if anyone was working on these issues with the network to do my due diligence and ensure someone was aware. I wanted to put in longer hours today, but was unable due to complications last night and today.

Right now, it's become super difficult to try and keep up with any sort of replies to recruiters via email as I don't have internet connection all day and by the time i'm home and fed, i'm ready for bed. last night i literally fell asleep putting in my time sheet. it's a good thing though.
    so you found some work? that's good!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    so you found some work? that's good!
    Until Friday at least. Maybe a couple more days but by the time I get home late at night, and find parking 4 blocks away, and eat it's bed time so I can't respond to recruiters or look for other jobs. I got this facility to turn on a hotspot for me so I could send emails but not all have that ability.

Saw my wife yesterday, we maybe see each other once a week and it's usually just to get stuff done and we have no time to just talk. So damned depressing to be away from her. Se drives me nuts, but damn I love her.

Got a ticket today and have no way to pay it. No pay for job for maybe 2-3 weeks, which is weeks past the pay the city or watch the fine grow past the $36 just for being 15 min over the time limit. Don't want to tell sister, she'll probably shit bricks. I have no idea how I even went past the time limit either. So, like 3 hours of my day went to getting screwed mlby the city for being stupid.

Honestly this is much harder than I thought it would be to stay clean and not want to drive off a cliff. I thought having a job would fix so much but it's annoying me too. I have yet to have one of these images work perfectly. So many dumb bugs. Not going to leave here until 8. Will probably just pop some Advil and Benadryl and go the heck to bed. Have half a migraine today. Wondering if dealing with stupidly run corporate projects is/was the cause of most of my migraines and such.

Ugh. Just venting I guess.

I can't believe I let crap get this bad and let a substance climb on top of my back so badly. Contacted a group called SOS and I got some contact info for folks in my area sort of. I really need to get in touch with one of them. I had parking money the toe day and almost bought liquor, which would have messed everything up.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 11-17-2014 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I had parking money the toe day and almost bought liquor, which would have messed everything up.
    Stay strong. Eventually, things will start to get easier.