Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: JOB JOB JOB!!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I'm a little confused by the pee part of the story
    Many jobs require a drug test for hiring.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Many jobs require a drug test for hiring.
    I have to say that ILTU's remarks about the quality of his urine being a little too good made me laugh. I know it's serious business, but still, I'm very glad I'm not job hunting in today's market. I'm not sure I could even get through an interview without a catastrophic flare up of my bullshit allergy.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So then, you got the job? Awesome! Congratz man! I'm a little confused by the pee part of the story. But glad you got the job.
    I got the job. Retested, the pee came back normal and it had enough creatine as to not come back as "dilute".

Pee tests - they test for the metabolites that break down drugs in your system, and in order to keep people from adulterating the samples, they do the following:

Check color and temperature at time of the pee pee, must be within a certain tolerance for temperature.
    At lab, they look for creatine to be between 2mg-20mg or so, the normal human excretion rate of creatine in urine.
    If it is not a certain level, the terst comes back as "dilute" which means that it could have been diluted in order to try and fool the test.
    Some places don't let you retest, this company did.
    I don't make enough creatine as I don't eat meat right now, and I'm very sedentary (and I just never have, I dunno why, perhaps something to do with my uber low testosterone level I have).

So, I got a call Monday. The pee pee test passed, the drivers thing passed, all was right with the world, except that the job went away and the company let half it's staff go, merry xmas to one and all.

So, that job went away for good and the recruiter knew this was possible last Tuesday but chose not to tell me. I was angry.
    mysterymendisc10370rk.jpg
    This is not unheard of with big companies who have smaller companies working for them. My kid works for a company that is in this position and they are literally training people for an up and comming project while big company pulls their contract last second. It's stupid.

Got a call today, they threw my resume at a large bank doing a re-image project and they need someone for 6 months, maybe a year, maybe permanent. Pay is more, and I get mileage and they want me for the job and even though the job starts in February bring me in earlier for "training" so they don't waste time and money on more drug tests and such. OK.

Anger subsiding.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I have to say that ILTU's remarks about the quality of his urine being a little too good made me laugh. I know it's serious business, but still, I'm very glad I'm not job hunting in today's market. I'm not sure I could even get through an interview without a catastrophic flare up of my bullshit allergy.
    It's actually not bad, I've done almost no hunting and can't respond to recruiters fast enough.

Yeah, I have a limited amount of bullshit and stupid that I can deal with on a given day.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; 12-30-2014 at 10:06 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post
    So, I got a call Monday. The pee pee test passed, the drivers thing passed, all was right with the world, except that the job went away and the company let half it's staff go, merry xmas to one and all.
    Unreal. I wish this was a bad joke, but it's not.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers View Post

Anger subsiding.

It's actually not bad, I've done almost no hunting and can't respond to recruiters fast enough.

Yeah, I have a limited amount of bullshit and stupid that I can deal with on a given day.
    So, what's your job status now, if you don't mind me asking.

Also, I'm going to look for you on linkedin.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Greeny! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm doing field tech work now, I like it but will need something else in the fall. If I didn't accept you on linked in, I will later when I have a PC in front of me. :-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No worries, I haven't looked for you on Linkedin yet :-)
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.