Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's the Best State to Live In?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I disagree. I think Anheiser-Busch holds that title. Can you say after-taste?
    That implies having a taste to start with.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    I disagree. I think Anheiser-Busch holds that title. Can you say after-taste?
    Most Bud products are free of additives, even if they are mostly brewed with rice and other crappy ingredients. Miller uses a lot of additives in their products. There's a site I used to follow that analyzes whats in the alcohol you drink, but I'm going to have to track it down again. Alcoholic beverages are exempt from FDA regs, so the manufacturers don't have to tell you what you're drinking.

These days, you've got all sorts of pseudo craft beers being produced by both AB/InBev and Miller. Miller produces Third Shift, Bud produces Shocktop. I think they all taste about like weasel piss, but I think it is particularly funny that AB makes an effort to clone Colorado brewers, since I think their output is mostly pretty crappy.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I toured the Miller brewery in Milwaukee many years ago and have preferred Miller brands ever since. I'm not much of a beer drinker to begin with, I prefer my alcohol from a wine bottle or mixed drink. Additives or not, I just cannot get past the after-taste of Bud products.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    That story has a pretty long and twisted history. Pierre Celis more or less revived an almost forgotten style of Belgian beer when he started brewing Hoegaarden White. Had a big hit, sold out to InBev, moved to Austin, tweaked the recipe a bit and started the Celis brewery. Good, good stuff. A few years later, he signed a distribution deal with Miller. Once he was dependent on their distribution network, Miller yanked the rug out from under his feet, he went broke and suddenly Miller is selling Blue Moon; a really crappy imitation of Celis White.

Hands down, I think Miller brews the shittiest beers in America. Anything they get their hands on turns to crap. They recently bought Leinenkugle, so I guess that's yet one more formerly great regional brewer down the tubes.

I should mention that Pierre's daughter Christine, who was the brewmaster at Celis for many years is once again brewing Celis beers in Austin. Distribution is limited and of course I can't get it here.
    Nice story bro, but that history doesn't follow the lawsuit at all. The dude drank Blue Moon, not Celis and not Hoes in the Garden

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Nice story bro, but that history doesn't follow the lawsuit at all. The dude drank Blue Moon, not Celis and not Hoes in the Garden
    Yeah, I get that, but I just thought the backstory about Blue Moon was interesting. If you didn't, fine.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    That implies having a taste to start with.
    yeah.
    WIFFLEBALL!