Thread: ninite

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

ninite

If you have not used it or seen it, check out https://ninite.com/

It is pretty damn handy.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That looks pretty cool.

On a related note, I am running Windows 8.1 on my Dell laptop at home (although I hardly ever use it lately). But on it, I'm logged in using my outlook.com account. I just setup Windows 10 TP on an old HP laptop here at work and logged in (again, with my outlook.com account) and it carried all the settings over. It looks identical to my Dell. Same wallpaper, same icon layout, etc. Microsoft should buy Ninite and integrate this into the system to the apps are carried across all your stuff. That would be pretty cool.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yep, use the pay version all the time with our RMM tool to script automatic install & updates of applications. Great being able to click a button which sends an install job to the computer; then tell client it will be available for you in about five minutes whilst getting on with some actual work. Even better when setting up a new computer, script to install all the standard applications automatically.
    I think pro version costs about $50 per month, peanuts when I know how much time it saves me.