Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who are unmarried and dating . . .

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

For those of you who are unmarried and dating . . .

Maybe this is more common for women than men. I don't know but I work mostly with women and that's how I heard of this.

Periodically, all the managers get together after work at a bar for some social time. It is good for us to get to know each other better. In my part of the organization, there is about ten female managers and two male. So one of the female managers who is divorced was talking about dating. She says before she will go out with a guy, she does a background check on him to make sure he is okay. I'm assuming this would be more common for someone returning to dating after a divorce than for the 18-22 age crowd.

I was surprised when she said this but I can see the logic behind it. Have any of you ever heard of doing this?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Maybe this is more common for women than men. I don't know but I work mostly with women and that's how I heard of this.

Periodically, all the managers get together after work at a bar for some social time. It is good for us to get to know each other better. In my part of the organization, there is about ten female managers and two male. So one of the female managers who is divorced was talking about dating. She says before she will go out with a guy, she does a background check on him to make sure he is okay. I'm assuming this would be more common for someone returning to dating after a divorce than for the 18-22 age crowd.

I was surprised when she said this but I can see the logic behind it. Have any of you ever heard of doing this?
    You have to wonder how this woman would feel if she knew her prospective date had run a background check on her before he would ask her out. I'm willing to bet she would be pissed. Probably way pissed. Somehow, I just don't think she'd see it as simply a guy doing due diligence and admire him for it. Seems to me this is a recipe guaranteed to destroy any chance of intimacy or a romantic connection. What's next; she won't take him to bed unless his Johnson passes the Goldilocks Test?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    OK. What is the "Goldilocks test"?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    OK. What is the "Goldilocks test"?
    not too big, not too small, just right ;-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I see nothing wrong in running a quick google/facebook search.
    Now a full background search...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    not too big, not too small, just right ;-)
    Is there such a thing as "too big"??? Well, except for going backdoor...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Is there such a thing as "too big"??? Well, except for going backdoor...
    yeah I think there is. there was a reddit thread about it a few weeks ago. Women were saying at a certain point it becomes more painful than enjoyable.
    being perfectly average in that department, it's not something I've ever had to worry about.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wait...guys have sex with women for the woman's enjoyment?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Now a full background search...
    I routinely do background checks at work. Without a person's driver's license and social security number, she is limited in what she can do so I asked her about this. In addition to a basic Google search, she found some county and state police sites, sex offender sites, and such that work pretty well. It's not a full background check but it is a good start.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    yeah I think there is. there was a reddit thread about it a few weeks ago. Women were saying at a certain point it becomes more painful than enjoyable.
    being perfectly average in that department, it's not something I've ever had to worry about.
    Women can have quite a range of preferences. I doubt that there are any general conclusions to be drawn about size.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!