Thread: Framed!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Framed!

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, one of my Christmas gifts to Younger Child was a limited edition print of a Hellboy painting signed by Mike Mignola, Wayne Barlowe, and Guillermo Del Toro. Since YC has a birthday real soon now, I told her I would have the print framed along with a Studio Killers print she had. My wife suggested I check Michaels website for a coupon, and lo, there was a coupon for 60 percent off framing a single item or 65 percent off on two items. But it expired the same day I downloaded and printed the coupon.

So, YC and I hit the road for Amarillo. Arriving at Michaels, we went to the framing department. The clerk who waited on us was very young, but very professional and helpful. YC picked out a frame and matte for Studio Killers, but even with the discount it was $119 to get it framed. I choked, and put that on hold.

When we unrolled the Hellboy print, the clerk was truly impressed, and started gushing all over YC, who tried to play it cool, but lost it when the clerk said she was going to have her girlfriends come to the store and see the print. So, after a couple of minutes of female bonding, YC picked out a great frame and matte combo, and it set me back "only" $254. And yes, that was $254 after the 60% discount. Of course, as the clerk pointed out, I saved $461 with the coupon.

She was wrong, because if I have been told it would it would cost $715 to frame the print, I wouldn't have done it and therefore would have saved $715; not just $461. Still the framed Hellboy print is something YC will likely keep for life, and enjoy long after I'm dead. Not a bad investment. I think we already have a frame and glass the will work for Studio Killers, and we can get the print matted for about $15.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 01-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!