Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Streaming services and what are you using.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I am currently watching old episodes of CSI Miami from before it became a soap opera. The "high tech glitter" that made it so cool to watch 12 years ago seems pretty tame now, and the phones are way out of date, but it is very well written. Maybe a guilty pleasure, but I find it quite enjoyable.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    Took me a little while to get over the breaking the fourth wall....love it though.
    Fourth wall? Is that where he stops and talks to the viewers? If so, I felt the same way, almost just shut it off and quit watching when that happened.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Fourth wall? Is that where he stops and talks to the viewers? If so, I felt the same way, almost just shut it off and quit watching when that happened.
    yeah that's exactly it. And I had the same reaction.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall

You get used to it and it lessens a bit especially into season 2.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Watched the first episode of Breaking Bad last night. It was good. I might just watch no.2 tonight.
    Great show! A bit like Heart of Darkness with drugs involved.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Watched the first episode of Breaking Bad last night. It was good. I might just watch no.2 tonight.
    If I were to make a list of top TV programs, that one would be on there, pretty damn close to the top.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    If I were to make a list of top TV programs, that one would be on there, pretty damn close to the top.
    Which begs the question: "What do you like better?"
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Which begs the question: "What do you like better?"
    I really really liked the BSG reboot series.

Arrested Development is up there too
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I really really liked the BSG reboot series.

Arrested Development is up there too
    Arrested Development is good, but I just couldn't get into the new BSG. It sucked less than the original series, but not by much I'd say. So, how about Weeds? Sons of Anarchy?
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Arrested Development is good, but I just couldn't get into the new BSG. It sucked less than the original series, but not by much I'd say. So, how about Weeds? Sons of Anarchy?
    Never watched Weeds. Really like SOA but no cable so I have not seen the last season yet. TBH, I kind of started getting bored with it. Seemed like the same old shit every season. Jemma thinks she overheard something. She thinks she can fix it. She completely fucks it up. Talks her way out of it.

Jax has a plan to turn the club legit. Thinks he can fix it. It gets completely fucked. Next season, same thing stacked on top of previous season.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Never watched Weeds. Really like SOA but no cable so I have not seen the last season yet. TBH, I kind of started getting bored with it. Seemed like the same old shit every season. Jemma thinks she overheard something. She thinks she can fix it. She completely fucks it up. Talks her way out of it.

Jax has a plan to turn the club legit. Thinks he can fix it. It gets completely fucked. Next season, same thing stacked on top of previous season.
    you summed up how I feel about SOA. I'll watch the last season just out of investment / obligation but you nailed it on why I get bored / frustrated with it